Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
For those of you who use Sweet PDZ

I am going to get some for the first time. Do I just sprinkle it on, rototille it in? Haven't got it yet. It's a special order for me. Just seeking some use experience before hand.
Tia,
Valerie

Re: For those of you who use Sweet PDZ

surface broadcast by hand. Non-toxic and easy to toss around where you want it to go.

I use it in the horse barn, after mucking the stall, just toss it around the stall. I do let it set a while before adding any bedding.
In late summer months, I put it in the Labrador paddock , just sprnkle it on by hand , it helps alot with fly control.

Do you prefer the powder form of Sweet PDZ or the granual?

Re: Re: For those of you who use Sweet PDZ

The granular form of this works the best. The powdered form tends to fly into the wind and is not as easy to spread.

I use this the way "Shalane" does -- muck stalls and spread on areas where it was wet (we also have the stall mats down in each stall). Now that the snow is gone and the dog manure is *almost* all cleaned up from the winter I plan to spread some on the dog yard. I can only get the granular form where I buy my horse supplies but I am happy with the results in the barn. I don't know if it helps with flies or not -- to be honest we really didn't have much of a fly problem in our barn as we clean stalls every single day and we remove our manure pile periodically to an area pretty far from the barn/run in shed. I have been considering getting some of the fly preditors to spread by that pile though.

I have great success!! The grandules work the best for me.

Re: Re: For those of you who use Sweet PDZ

Does anyone know if it is safe for chickens to eat?

I use the granules and it works great.

Can this product be used on grass without damaging it?

It will not burn the grass, I know sod is a little bit more sensitive with any products used on the lawns, so I can not make a comment .I Apply it just before a rain and we work it in the pee gravel. It is lime in granule form created for farm and horse land. The pee gravel smells so sweet again and kills everything using monthly application. I do not have any flies either, but I do routinly pick up waste daily, so cant say whether it stops tht flies

What do you mean by "it kills everything using a monthly application." Do you mean in the way a bleach solution does? If so it sounds great!!!

I use the granular Val. And I have a little spreader I put it in and push around to spread it. The grass does not die and it is not harmful to animals.

Sue

Giardia, Cocidia, Round worms. I ask my Sister today also does control the fly population.

Sounds like awesome stuff! I'm calling my local feedstore to see if they have it...thanks for all the great info posted