Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Additional Recall Items

When is this madness going to end? This is so scary. http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls/sunshinemills04_07.html

Re: Additional Recall Items

I know everytime now I hear on the news that more foods have been added to the recall list, I hold my breath! Yes, it is getting scarey.

Re: Additional Recall Items READ THIS

Well, I have been lucky to have escaped all of the other recalls, (although my daughter had a cat treat she had to get rid of) but thank you to who ever posted this one. I occasionally pick up various bisquits for the dogs where ever I am and I had bought 2 bags of the PET LIFE peanut butter bisquits (from Sunshine) at the Pets Supplies Plus store. One is gone and the other is unopened. The plant code is not the same as the one I have here, but I did have a girl that was off her food this week. It's probably not the bisquits because with alot of dogs, I'm sure no one had more than 5 or 6, but this is just so worrisome.

Re: Re: Additional Recall Items READ THIS

I'm not at home right now. But what color of bag are
the Pet Life biscuits in? And what store did you buy them at?

Donna

I would also check the ingredients list on ANY dog/cat food that you have, including dry. I've been looking for ANY mention of WHEAT GLUTEN MEAL, which is often used in many of the dry foods. Luckily, it's not in any of the formulas of Eukanuba or Nutro that I currently use.

I think we've all been a bit nervous lately, unless you feed raw!

I'll be so glad when this all settles down. I pray that no one on this list has had to deal with any problems from the toxic foods.

It's very scary indeed! Luckily, there is no wheat gluten in any of the foods I feed. I did get rid of some treats that contain wheat gluten even though they were not on the list. Better safe than sorry.

The bag is bright yellow with lime green lettering and they were purchased at Pets Supplies Plus. There is no wheat gluten in them. From what I understand now, this is a voluntary recall, no problems reported.