Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bounce

I know this was on a post earlier, but was it bounce fabric softner sheets that can be used for fleas and tics?
TIA

Re: Bounce

I know it repels mosquitoes But I know it call also be toxic.........

Chemicals Found in Fabric Softeners/Dryer Sheets
Alpha-Terpineol - Causes CNS (central nervous system) disorders... "highly irritating to mucous membranes" ."Aspiration into the lungs can produce pneumonitis or even fatal edema." Can also cause "excitement, ataxia (loss of muscular coordination), hypothermia, CNS and respiratory depression, and headache." "Prevent repeated or prolonged skin contact."
Benzyl Acetate - Carcinogenic (linked to pancreatic cancer). "From vapors irritating to eyes and respiratory passages, exciting cough." "In mice: hyperanemia of the lungs." "Can be absorbed through the skin causing systemic effects." "Do not flush to sewer."
Benzyl Alcohol - Causes CNS disorders... "irritating to the upper respiratory tract" .."headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, drop in blood pressure, CNS depression, and death in severe cases due to respiratory failure."

more info at.......
http://www.getipm.com/newsletter/00-08.htm

Re: Re: Bounce

A puppy I sold was being walked on garbage day and got a fabric softener sheet and quickly ate it. Poor little guy experienced major digestive problems that lasted a LONG time and cost them a fortune.

Re: Bounce

Vinegar is a natural fabric softener. Use 1/2 cup in the wash cycle. (But don't use bleach at the same time—mixing vinegar and bleach may create toxic fumes.)

Re: Re: Bounce

I've never heard that tip - thanks for sharing! Does it help control static electricity as well?

I've recently started using vinegar as well as other more natural cleaners around the house. Just trying to do away with some of the chemicals.