Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Draminski Dog Ovulation Detector

Hi

Has anyone used the Draminski Dog Ovulation Detector? Did you have accurate results with them or find them to work? I am thinking about purchasing one and wanted to know if they work before buying it.

Re: Draminski Dog Ovulation Detector

I have not used this device as of yet, but may be trying it in the near future. A good friend of mine recently purchased it and her first three breedings using it has resulted in puppies everytime! Pretty impressive. My friend said it was extremely easy to use (no blood to draw) and obviously it's very accurate!

I'll be looking forward to other's responses on this.

Dianne

Re: Re: Draminski Dog Ovulation Detector

I know several friends of mine use them and they are on the money. I have witnessed the testing in person and are truly very easy to sanitize(between bitches), use and calculate the peaks. I am getting ready to purchase one myself. The amount of money that is spent on Progesterone testing you could save yourself alot of money especially since they are so accurate.

Re: Re: Re: Draminski Dog Ovulation Detector

Have one, use it, love it!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Draminski Dog Ovulation Detector

I was reading about this device on their website and was wondering how much time a bitch owner has from the time that this Draminski device reads ovulation and telling the stud dog owner it's time to ship the semen ??

Could someone please explain in more detail how this device works as compared to the traditional Progesterone tests of drawing blood and sending it in ?

For instance is there a little read out screen on this Draminski that tells the breeder the bitch is now ovulating or how does this device reveal to the bitch owner that it is time to order chilled semen ?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Draminski Dog Ovulation Detector

The draminski ovulation detector does not use a blood sample. The probe end of the detector is inserted into the bitch like you would insert an AI pipette. The probe end goes in just up to the cervix and measures the thickness of the mucus lining. It gives you a digital readout (number). You do this at least once a day during the girl's heat cycle and record the numbers on a chart. The day of the highest reading (usually in the 600 - 700 range) is the day of ovulation.

If you would like to discuss this further, you can e-mail me privately.