Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
lump on leg

2 years ago my 8 yo black male lab had what our vet diagnosed as a stroke of the spinal cord. Within a week, a lump (about the size of a quarter)formed on his back leg, the one that caused him the most problem. The vets have always looked at the lump, but never seemed concerned until our last visit and they suggested that it be removed. I asked then if it could be associated with the stroke and they dismissed it.

Is there any chance that this could possibly have been a tendon issue vs a stroke? The day before his stroke, we had been playing in the creek, and that night when my husband was bringing them in from their nightly walk he "yelped" but he nor I could find anything immediately wrong, until we woke up the next morning and he was dragging his leg. 99.7% of the time he walks and runs/butt tucks fine. When bad weather is approaching, his leg seems lamer, but he still uses it.

If anyone has any input, I would appreciate it, private emails are ok. The vets want to remove the lump vs aspirating it for fear that if there is something in there it will spread.

judy

Re: lump on leg

I would get a 2nd or 3rd opinion before messing with that after all the boy has been through. Can he walk okay? Did the lump grow suddenly, is that the reason they want to remove it? If not I would leave it alone. JMO