Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Desperately looking for majors on the east coast

Hi All,
For the past 3 weekends, my dog has gone WD and BOW only to have the major break. Twice, it broke by one dog or one bitch. I'm heartbroken. I'm now searching for shows in the Northeast that would most likely have majors. I know the specialties will but is there anywhere else people are definitely planning on going so I can enter him?
Thanks!

Re: Desperately looking for majors on the east coast

Bucks and Trenton are usually majors, and this year Trenton has a breeder judge, so I am sure should be a major. The Windham show after the Pioneer Valley specialty is often a major, and the shows Memorial Day weekend in Freehold NJ are often majors too. Good luck, I've been there!

Re: Re: Desperately looking for majors on the east coast

I just thought I'd add that one of the exibitors for the Syracuse show, Mary Catizone, wasn't there because her dogs picked up that nasty kennel cough/virus? at the Monticello show and were still very sick. She did not deliberately pull her dogs. Sometimes these things happen.

Re: Desperately looking for majors on the east coast

Be patient, you will have lots

Re: Re: Desperately looking for majors on the east coast

Aren't there typically majors in Springfield at the end of this month? There are usually majors at the Memorial Day weekend shows in Freehold, NJ, also. Don't worry, your time will come. Good luck to you!

Re: Re: Re: Desperately looking for majors on the east coast

No majors at Springfield this coming weekend...bummer!

Lots of folks looking for those majors to finish their dogs. Your time will come. Hang in there!