Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
recall another menu foods product from THE FDA

Just wanted to let everyone know this. Probably no one buying there products anyway , I just posted on the site from this morning another one for them recalled from the FDA. I put the information there on that post. Natural Life vegetarian vegtable 13.2 oz cans and exp. date of Nov.22,09 code#12344-07144.
Just in case others that have already looked at the other FDA one I posted they can see this one new.

Re: recall another menu foods product from THE FDA

Really strange... I was just in the grocery store to buy a large bag of dry food for the barn cats next door. There were hardly any of larger bags of dry cat food on the shelves (usually there's 2 shelves of the 18# - 21# bags); I didn't really scan over the shelves with the 3 lbs bags to see if the same brands were absent in the smaller bags (stupid me). I went up to the courtesy desk and asked why there was hardly any large bags out, but the clerk did't know. I said, "I hope they aren't part of the recall." She said she didn't know. I did notice Purina adult cat food was there though.... I usually buy one of the Friskies varieties or Kit n Kaboodles and none of those were on the shelves in the large bags, nor was any of Dads varieties in the large bags. The courtesy desk clerk said she did know shipments (of dry cat food) to replenish the shelves have been slow coming in.
Maybe that is the case. I did look for some type of recall "notice" pasted near empty cat food shelves, but didn't see any.

Re: recall another menu foods product from THE FDA

Purina ProPlan jumped $4/bag at the store where we usually buy it. I commented with surprise on the price increase to the store owner and he said he suspects it's all even going to go higher if stricter/new regulations are imposed on the pet food industry. I don't know that this particular increase was due to costs associated with following any new regulations or guidelines... unless they've been self implemented.