Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Where do you like to dine?

I've always wanted to write an info book on where to eat when you go to the specialties/ dog shows.
It would be fun to get a list going.
For example:
My favorite place to eat when I used to go to the Mid Jersey specialty was The Americana Diner. It was so awesome & different. It became tradition & was so looked forward to after a long day of showing.
Where do y'all like to go & why?
Or maybe NOT to go & why....

Re: Where do you like to dine?

I think this is a great idea!

We have the SCLRC coming up in Ca. maybe some folks could give us some names so we know where to eat?

Re: Re: Where do you like to dine?

There is a restaurant row with an Olive Garden, Denny’s, McDonald’s and KFC all that kind of food just one exit down the rod off Weir Canyon.

There is finer dining at The Wild Artichoke *****, Blue Agave and there also is a Chevy’s Macaroni Grille off the same exit.

Re: Re: Re: Where do you like to dine?

Another favorite, but I can't think of the name...(help?) is at the Potomac in Frederick. It's sorta behind the host hotel not far & it's like a little cottage/cabin. Excellent food & wonderful atmosphere!
Somebody know the name?

If you ever show in omaha,Right east of the Qwest center, There is a little cafe on the river.gregs or garys something like that. litter pricey but the best steaks. They also have outside seating to.Bar/grill.

I don't know the name of it, East of St.Louis.Think it's on Hwy 4 you can get there by either I-70 or I-64
But closer to I-64 there is a hardees and IGA next to the IGA is a little pizza place very small hugh pizza's and the best salads. And pasta's I don't know if its even there. But maybe some on here knows of that place. I used to stop when I drove a truck.
It is a place to check out if it is.

For Pittsburgh, there is a neat little Micro Brew pub with great beers and unique (healthy too) food about 10 minutes from the show site. It's off of rte. 108 in Slippery Rock. it's called North Country Brewing.

For Piedmont is that little Mexican place still open? They had really good food.

No trip south is complete without stopping at a Bojangles chicken.

You should make a web page and list the states and cities and let people enter locations for good eats while on the road geared towards specialty locations. That would be a best seller if you turned it in to a book!

I bet clubs would even sell it on their sites?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I've always wanted to write an info book on where to eat when you go to the specialties/ dog shows.
It would be fun to get a list going.
For example:
My favorite place to eat when I used to go to the Mid Jersey specialty was The Americana Diner. It was so awesome & different. It became tradition & was so looked forward to after a long day of showing.
Where do y'all like to go & why?
Or maybe NOT to go & why....

Re: Re: Where do you like to dine?

I'd love to do that!
Always wanted to...next to the dogs, eating out is the best thing about going to shows!
Many memories are born at the table!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Where do you like to dine?

I think you're describing the Monacacy Crossing Inn. It's a tradition for a group of us from New England to dine there each year with a group from the West Coast.
Kathy

These days, I find myself staying more and more on the show grounds with very little reason to leave. LOL

Between the comraderie/friendships, fantastic conversations (I've learned so much from the long-time breeders/judges at these shows during late evening conversations!), the convenient location, the beautiful dogs to watch in the ring and meet after classes are over, those wonderful "from-scratch" margaritas that keep showing up at the CA specialties these past few months, and the gourmet meals of tri-tip steak/chicken/etc. that are on the BBQ each evening...what else could you need?

Seriously, though...I think this is a fantastic idea! It would be good to take the specialty calendar, find out who attends which shows each year, and which hotels they stay at (allowing dogs?) and which restaurants are the best in the area to eat at (hopefully in celebration of some big win that day)!