Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sharing Our Experience With A Foreign Breeder

I understand there has been an earlier thread on this forum regarding Mr. Maurosa. If you are interested in our experience follow this link...

http://www.shadowbrooklabs.com/sbforeign.html

Thank you,
Michael & Kimberlee Silva

Re: Sharing Our Experience With A Foreign Breeder

I respect the Silvas for letting the Labrador community know about their unfortunate dealings with Mr. Louis Maurosa of Maucan Labs. I don’t say that because they are friends of ours and “long time”show people. I say it because too many people in this world, say nothing when wrong occurs. Whether it is out of laziness, fear, or whatever reason, it allows further wrong to occur.

I have met Louis and he comes across as so nice. I would never imagine he would be a person to not fulfill his end of a bargain. Now we and others know. This information might save someone else from the same situation. And if you choose to ignore what you have heard from the Silvas, that is your choice.

And far as Dock is concerned… Dock is a handsome, huggable, lovable, great Lab. We used him once as stud and the puppies were awesome. I only wish he were here for us to use again.

Re: Re: Sharing Our Experience With A Foreign Breeder

Wow! Thank you for sharing this information/story. At least once a week I am contacted by foreign breeders and very much appreciate the head's up.

I, too, applaud Michael for being honest and forthright about this unfortunate situation, we all learn from others experience's bad or good, too bad this was a bad one.

I sure hope you get paid or the dog back. I will be thinking positive thoughts for you and Dock.

Sincerely,
Valerie Jones

Re: Re: Re: Sharing Our Experience With A Foreign Breeder

I hope you get your dog back, that would be my main concern.

Hi:

This email is for letting know that I have received this link http://www.shadowbrooklabs.com/sbforeign.html, from a Labrador breeder/judge in the USA. Read it and be you the judge. The reason to give forward to your email account is because I want to let you know, like Founder and the person who direct the Board of Directors of Puerto Rico Labrador Retriever Club, Inc., that our Club nothing has to do with the actions of Mr. Louis Maurosa, and that this type of conduct is not acceptable within our Club. This situation is going to take care of, at its moment, fixing responsibilities. Being the actual President of the Officers of the PRLRC, Inc., people can generalize and think that the entire group acts similar or supports he in this, for that reasons the explanation. Puerto Rico has many serious people interested in the improvement of the breed and many that tried to breed responsibly. We thank Mr. Michael Silva for not judge all in Puerto Rico the same way and to publish it.

Sincerely,
Mr. Carlos Montes
Founder PRLRC, Inc. &
Member of Board of Directors

Re: A minor point

As a former resident of Puerto Rico, I can say with all authority that by no means can a resident of that US territory be considered "foreign". All residents are US citizens, are serviced by the USPS, and are eligible for the same benefits offered by the US government as you are. Many Puerto Rican's have shed their blood for this country and in fact percentage wise have a much higher enlistment rate than those of us that live in the states. To visit this lovely area you need not go through customs unless arriving from a REAL foreign country. It is indeed part of the United States and most are extremely proud of the fact!

We have all been taken advantage of at one time
or the other Michael! This forum is NOT the
place to name "Names"

I do understand exactely how you feel:((
Also, the frustration and betrayal.
We trust one another because we believe in
the same things. But people are people!
Some people can fool you! Not just Foreigner's!
Could be one of your best friends someday..

That has happend to me but I still trust:(

"We have all been taken advantage of at one time
or the other Michael! This forum is NOT the
place to name "Names" "

Oh, I think a lot of us feel this is EXACTLY the place to name the NAMES. Perhaps there would be a lot less "controversy" is people knew they were going to be held accountable and the breeding community would find out about them.

Oh yes, exactly the place to name NAMES

The problem with smear campaigns on this forum is we are opening the door for the smearing of anybody. Even the innocent. Most of us have someone in our lives who feels we have slighted them in some way or another. Imagined or not. No one is adored by all. Do you want to be next?......

The Silva's didn't post the original link. They have the information on "their" website. Someone else gave the link. It was your choice to look at it. The subsequent posts from the Silva's were to defend themselves which they shouldn't have to do.

Re: Re: Re: Sharing Our Experience With A Foreign Breeder

the link does not work anymore, has it moved or been removed??

I'd like to read about what happened. Did that link get taken off or removed?