Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
First litter need urgent advice please

Hello s the first litter that I have and probably the only one in various years, lasted more than 14 hours. They have between 3 and 4 weeks. The smallest one, themselves that has nothing to do, but one of their hind legs is very swollen, you even press it and feel that inside there is Iike liquid, I don't know what to give him or what to do, could it be pus?. Could it be injured?, could something have it stung, I don't think so, they are excessively protected. I am sure that to the experts that help the fans in this forum has passed them. All the advice that anyone can give me, I thanked it infinitely. Thanks.

Re: First litter need urgent advice please

Go to the vet please, what are you waiting for?

quite a few topics...tonight you have a pup in seroius trouble. Get to a vet

Re: Re: First litter need urgent advice please

Sounds like naval ill. Pup is toxic from infection. Get to vet asap!!!

As eveeryone suggests go to the vet. A swollen leg is not a common thing to wait and see like diahhrea or something else that might be easily treatable. If you want suggestions, my guess is it might be swollen from being twisted. the mother could have stepped o the puppie and he tried to pull and jump up, or he caught it in something and twisted. are they on a flat floor or an xpen with squares? He could have easily caught and twisted it in this sort of pen. If it is a bee sting, apply ice right away. If the swelling goes down a fair amount in 20 minutes with icing, it is a good chance it is just a bee sting. the swelling would not go down this fast with other njuries. The same for a puppy face - ice and if it goes down quickly, it is usually a bee sting. Hope ths helps. Jane P

Let's not give him scenarios of what it might be, let the vet tell him exactly what it is and treat it before he loses the pup to a septic infection.

Just to let you know. I picked him up at the vet, he is perfect, thank you for all your advice, the mother step on his little leg and it was starting to get ugly, they gave him medicines, and now he is perfect, just like his liitermates.
Thanks again.