Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Our Final Post ...

In the last 24 hours we have been contacted by numerous breeders around the world that have been contacted by Mr. Maurosa to purchase a dog. They have thanked us for telling our story so as not end up in the same situation.

As for the well being of Dock, we have been in contact with numerous breeders in Puerto Rico and know he is fine. Those who know me would never question our commitment to our dogs and their well being. In addition, I ask that you not judge others in Puerto Rico by the actions of Mr. Maurosa they have been very gracious in assisting us.

Further, we are not seeking legal action as it is not the money we are after. The sole purpose of my post was to ensure other breeders were not taken in. We firmly believe we have accomplished this given the direct communications in the last 24 hours.

Again, for those of you on the attack, we would be more than happy to answer any of your questions directly. Come out of your cloak and dagger, contact me directly, and stand up as a respectable breeder.

Re: Our Final Post ...

>>In the last 24 hours we have been contacted by numerous breeders around the world that have been contacted by Mr. Maurosa to purchase a dog. They have thanked us for telling our story so as not end up in the same situation.>>

I have to wonder what Mr. Maurosas' intentions are if he is contacting breeders around the world to purchase more dogs and if that's the case, why you are not concerned about the well being of Dock. What kind of "quality" life does Dock have with this man?

Intentions did you not read what was said?

Michael said *As for the well being of Dock, we have been in contact with numerous breeders in Puerto Rico and know he is fine.*

Thank you Mike and Kim for the warning, you saved dogs and other breeders from the hands of a scam artist by doing what you did, creating a page with the facts. Your intentions were more than appropriate. Thank you for not being afraid of exactly what happened by a few jealous people. In my opinion it was a personal attack of you and your dogs. How sad people don't see the good you were attempting to do, protecting them from the same situation.

Re: Re: Our Final Post ...

Sorry, but what I would have liked to hear is, "We will make every effort to bring Dock home."
How sad is right.

How do you know they didn't attempt to bring Dock home or what the ownership circumstances are?

Re: Re: Re: Our Final Post ...

If they can't even get the payments for the dog, how do you think they would ever hope to get the dog himself back? Use some common sense.

And before someone says they'd fly down and just TAKE the dog -- good for you, but not all breeders are that rich nor that criminally minded. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Re: Re: Our Final Post ...

If that's the case, please let us know. My concern is the dog...period. If this guy is as unscrupulous as he's being made out to be my priority would be Dock.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Our Final Post ...

>>If they can't even get the payments for the dog, how do you think they would ever hope to get the dog himself back? Use some common sense.>>

It doesn't sound like I'm the one who needed to use some common sense.

Re: Re: Re: Our Final Post ...

And you are a fool for thinking that you can just go and get a dog from someone in another part of the country even if it is US territory! Get real and get a life and stop judging others. Once you let a dog out of your possession not much you can do!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

If that's the case, please let us know. My concern is the dog...period. If this guy is as unscrupulous as he's being made out to be my priority would be Dock.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Our Final Post ...

>>And you are a fool for thinking that you can just go and get a dog from someone in another part of the country even if it is US territory! Get real and get a life and stop judging others. Once you let a dog out of your possession not much you can do!>>

What a load of crap! It's been put out there for the world to see that the breeder from PR has not paid one dime towards the purchase of the dog. He doesn't own the dog. It would be hard for me to believe that papers had been signed over before payment in full. Legally, the Silva's should still own the dog. If you sit back and do nothing, then you're right, the dog will stay in PR.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Our Final Post ...

You just can't leave this alone can you. You remind me of someone on here not long ago. Just let it go if you are not interested in the help they offered the breeders who were glad to get it on this forum. You sound like you have a problem with someone. We are just not that interest. If you don't know Michael please quit with the comments. Most of us do know him, his wife, his family, his dogs.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Our Final Post ...

I re-read their agreement and it does look like they have been paid half the amount. I didn't realize this has been on going for years now. Best of luck, I hope all turns out well.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Our Final Post ...

If you bothered to look at the site and the scanned documents you would see that the dog was indeed registered with the PR registration so no they have NO claim on the dog and possession is 9/10ths of the law so even if they hadn't paid a dime they have the dog in their possession!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

>>And you are a fool for thinking that you can just go and get a dog from someone in another part of the country even if it is US territory! Get real and get a life and stop judging others. Once you let a dog out of your possession not much you can do!>>

What a load of crap! It's been put out there for the world to see that the breeder from PR has not paid one dime towards the purchase of the dog. He doesn't own the dog. It would be hard for me to believe that papers had been signed over before payment in full. Legally, the Silva's should still own the dog. If you sit back and do nothing, then you're right, the dog will stay in PR.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Our Final Post ...

I looked at the PR registration and saw Silvas as the breeder and owners.