Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Am. Can. Ch. Tabatha's Dazzle WC

At fifteen and one half years old Dazzle was put to rest this week. She was an important brood for my kennel and has set up a distinct and strong line for me. Dazzle was from a litter of four Champions. Ch. T. Drifter at Dickendall JH, male, and the girls Ch. T. Graemor Dinah and Ch. T. Delectable WC. Sire: Ch. Dickendall Arnold x Ch. T. Valleywood Decoy WC. Both Dazzle and Drifter were top producers.
Dazzle had a distinct attitude for life. Her tail was always in motion and she never met a being she did not like. Her temperament was a stong gift she gave her progeny. She was a specialty winner and produced specialty winners for me.
She was a once in a lifetime bitch. Thank you Dazzle the pleasure was mine.

Re: Am. Can. Ch. Tabatha's Dazzle WC

Carol, so sorry for your loss. Godspeed, Dazzle.

Carol what a special girl she was... I'm so very sorry for your loss.., my heart goes out to you...

So sorry for your loss. Godspeed Sweet Dazzle.

Carol, I am so sorry for your loss. Even 15 1/2 years is not nearly enough to have them by our side.

Rest easy Dazzle....

Re: Re: Am. Can. Ch. Tabatha's Dazzle WC

Carol, I am so sorry for your loss - wish there was something we could do to bring her back.

Julie - Sun Country

Re: Re: Re: Am. Can. Ch. Tabatha's Dazzle WC

Carol,
What a tribute to the care and love she was given to make it to 15 1/2. You were blessed and so was Dazzle! She'll continue to shine in heaven until you meet again!!

My deepest sympathies Carol. She was such an incredible girl.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Am. Can. Ch. Tabatha's Dazzle WC

Carol,

So sorrry to hear of your loss. Dazzle will forever live on in your heart!!

Good speed, Dazzle.
Sad news, Carol.
Thank you for posting such a touching tribute to a wonderful Labrador.
Margaret

So sorry for you loss.

Rest in peace, sweet Dazzle.

We are sorry for your loss. May her memory bring a smile.

I am so sorry for your loss; Godspeed Dazzle. Carol, Dazzle will live on through her progeny and she will continue to make you smile.

Carol,
A hug to you on the loss of your special greybeard girl Dazzle.
Take care...
Alyce

Carol - I know how much your dogs are loved. You are in our thoughts.

Carol thank you for sharing with us. May your memories give you comfort. What a wonderful contribution she was to the world of Labradors.
Godspeed sweet Dazzle!!

Carol, I am so saddened to hear about Dazzle. She was quite a girl to be remembered! I'm glad I had the pleasure of meeting her. My thoughts are with you.

Carol,
My heart goes out to you. What a grand lady.
Godspeed Dazzle.

An awesome girl with a very appropriate name. So sorry for your loss...

What a wonderful girl! Her tail is still wagging somewhere. No matter how old they are, it is very tough to loose them. Blessings to both of you.

Such an important bitch for our breed! Sometimes the exceptionally-producing bitches get lost in the stud frenzy, but their legacy stands on it's own merits. Sounds like she was your "special girl", your heart, and I'm so sorry for your loss. You will meet again!

I am so very sorry Carol. She may be gone from this Earth, but as long as there are Labradors, she will never be forgotten.

Carol,

It never gets easier, does it? Every one of them takes a piece of your heart with them. Thankfully, the heart is able to heal itself with time. I hope the memory of her helps the healing!

This always gives me comfort:
---------------------------------

"Carry You"

When I brought you home, I carried you.
I held you close and made
a promise that day.
As I breathed in that sweet,
soft, clean smell,
I promised to carry you,
and keep you safe and well.
I laughed and spoke so quietly to you.
I taught you your name.
You showed me your heart.
And I showed you mine, as I carried you, that day.

When I take you home, I'll carry you.
I'll hold you close, as I promised that day.
I'll breathe in that old familiar smell,
and keep my promise to keep you
safe and well.
I'll cry as I speak so quietly to you.
I'll say your name.
You'll show me your heart.
And I will lose mine,
when I carry you, that day.

Walt Zientek

I am so sorry about Dazzle. She is in many of our pedigrees and will live on through her kids. Bravo on her long and healthy life. Says alot for the health of your dogs. My thoughts are with you.

I have been fortunate enough to have observed many of your gorgeous dogs in the ring and Dazzle’s "distinct attitude for life" is obviously a legacy she has indeed passed to her progeny. Their tails are also always in motion and when they look up at you, you can see the love they have inside them...indeed a gift. I am sure Dazzle will be missed; not only by you but the Lab community; she has given so much that will live on.

I have a great-great grandson of Dazzle's, and he has the most wonderful temperament. Thank you Carol for breeding the quality dogs that you do. I am very sorry for you loss.

Carol,

I´m really sorry for your loss, and know your feelings.
The reaction of your friends could probably compensate a little bit of your pain.
Wish you all the best.
Kind regards

Paulo
dicroft lab kennels
BRAZIL

What a litter that was. Wasn't there also a Delta that was a good producer? But 15.5 years- what a long life she had! It does, indeed, speak volumes about the care she received. My congratulations on producing such quality and longetivity.

Oh Carol, I'm so very sorry you lost your dear, lovely Dazzle. I remember her so well--- her beauty, flair and zest for life, what a gal!! May she run free and easy now.

Oh Carol - I'm so sorry for your loss. May Dazzle rest in peace.

Much aloha,
Kim Stahl

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your dear sweet girl Carol, I know how it is when you loose one you feel was so important to your breeding program and becomes your heart dog. May you both one day be together again in a place where there is no hurt or sorrow to be had!
God bless!
Aloha,
Jackie

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

At fifteen and one half years old Dazzle was put to rest this week. She was an important brood for my kennel and has set up a distinct and strong line for me. Dazzle was from a litter of four Champions. Ch. T. Drifter at Dickendall JH, male, and the girls Ch. T. Graemor Dinah and Ch. T. Delectable WC. Sire: Ch. Dickendall Arnold x Ch. T. Valleywood Decoy WC. Both Dazzle and Drifter were top producers.
Dazzle had a distinct attitude for life. Her tail was always in motion and she never met a being she did not like. Her temperament was a stong gift she gave her progeny. She was a specialty winner and produced specialty winners for me.
She was a once in a lifetime bitch. Thank you Dazzle the pleasure was mine.

Im sorry to hear Carol..thinking of you.. LeeAnne

Sorry to hear about Dazzle, Carol. WE lost her sister T. Delectable about a year ago and it was a great loss to us as well. I am glad you had Dazzle this much longer. She was certainly a gorgeous girl.
Judy

We are so sorry to hear about Dazzle. I remember her well from years ago. This is a great loss for you and Chuck and I feel sorry for your loss.

It's always hard isn't it? Run free, sweet girl.

Carol, I am sorry for you loss. It is spectacular for you to recognize Dazzle as a once in a lifetime bitch. May her memories live on.

Brandi

I am so sorry to hear of Dazzle's passing Carol. She was such a lovely girl, Godspeed Dazzle.

I am very sorry for your loss, Carol.
Dazzle's temperament was perhaps her most important lasting gift to you.
Even in sadness, you say it best: "Thank you Dazzle the pleasure was mine"

GODSPEED Sweet and gentle Dazzle!!! She stamped her pawprints all over the breed and for that she lives on.

Please know,we are forever grateful to Dazzle. Our deepest and most sincere sympathies to you.

How lucky you and Dazzle were to have had such a wonderful life together. Godspeed, sweet girl. Your memory is evident in the beautiful Tabatha Labradors of today. Wishing you endless retrieves and yummy treats in the afterlife.

What a very sad day indeed.... having the pleasure of co-owning with Carol Ch. Tabatha's Sizzle whom is a daughter of Dazzle we will be mourning for sometime.

Remembering meeting Dazzle for the first time at Potomac many years ago for her and her daughter Sizzle to play was simply priceless.

I'm truly sorry for yours and Jane's loss.

Carol, What a loss but what a gift she has given our breed. I admire you so much for the wonderful gifts you have given our breed and especially your love of your dogs and that you do keep your oldsters to live a full life with you. I feel that dogs have feelings, too and I honor you for keeping your old gals and guys. I remember your old gal who traveled with you to all of the shows many years ago who was one of your obedience gals and how happy she was to just be with you and the gang. We need to have more like you, Carol. You have Traci's and my deepest sympathy for losing your friend. Very sincerely, Ellie

I'm so sorry for your loss.

"OLD DOGS DO NOT DIE

We have a secret, you and I,
That no one else shall know,
For who, but I can see you lie,
Each night, in fireglow?
And who but I can reach my hand
Before we go to bed,
And feel the living warmth of you
And touch your silken head?
And only I walk woodland paths,
And see, ahead of me,
Your small form racing with the wind,
So young again, and free.
And only I can see you swim
In every brook I pass.
And, when I call, no one but I
Can see the bending grass.

-Anonymous"

Sorry for your great loss. My eyes are tearing after reading all these tributes. I have Drifter grandkids and great grandkids, so we are linked to your beautiful Dazzle. I wish I could have met her like some have. Rest in tranquility Dazzle.

Carol, a remarkable, once in a life time Dazzle is such a special gift and another gift she gave you is she stayed with you for such a long life...How wonderful a life and dog and you for not letting her go anywhere but be by your side.....I respect you dearly for that as do others.......I am so sorry for this loss..Gain strength in knowing this was a gift. You will meet again. Until then may she be dazzling all the others in her eternal peace........My sympathies, Leeda

I don't know you, Carol, and have only seen your dogs on photo but you were inspired when you named that girl "Dazzle".

Her radiance crossed oceans and her quality touched Labrador lovers worldwide. She left an open page in our history... one that I hope to read for years to come...

Carol....I'm so sorry for your incredible loss.

I'm very sorry Carol.

My thoughts are with you--15 1/2 great years for all of us to enjoy her....we will all miss her.

God Speed Dazzle. May you grace those ahead of you like you've graced those behind you.
Carol, my sincerest condolences.

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your good friend.
Her strenght and influence are behind so many great dogs. Thank you Dazzle and Carol.

Our sincere condolences Carol for the lost of your lovely and long companion Dazzle.
Jean-Louis & Madeleine

Dear Sweet Carol, I am so sorry. Kiss your puppies
and know that we are all thinking of you.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Am. Can. Ch. Tabatha's Dazzle WC

Thinking of you.

My condolences Carol. Godspeed Dazzle!

So sorry for your loss. Dazzle was a great one and I'm sure she will be missed.

Carol,
Our hearts go out to you for the loss of your lovely graybeard girl.
Judy, Mark, and The(Human) Boys

Dearest Carol...
I had the pleasure to meet the Lady...
The "Girlcamp" will feel the loss for a while, but then you and the girls will be back, for all of us to enjoy...
Love
Pia

Carol sorry to here about Dazzle, she was one of the dogs i admired studying labs when i was starting out. truly a beautiful bitch! it was also nice talking to you at veterans, you are one of my idols, i hope to give as much to labs as you have!! thanks frank gaeta

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayes are with you and yours.

Sorry for your loss...

"When you are sorrowful, look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight."

-Kahlil Gibran-

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss, Carol. It must have been very hard to write the wonderful memorial you did. I'm sure you did it through lots of tears. You are trully blessed to have a dog be with you until the age of 15 1/2. As well as Dazzle to be trully blessed to have you.

Dazzle has left you an enviable legacy, a legacy that will continue to make you proud for years to come. She was truly the gift that will keep on giving, Carol. May she rest in peace, and may you find peace in your loving memories of her.

Barbara