Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
show question

Hi,
A Week and a half ago i registered my yellow male for the Miami Valley Specialty show in Ohio through Info Dog. I am very new to all of this and i really don't know what to expect now that he has been registered. Is there something I should receive in the mail stating that he is registered? If not how do I know for sure that his registration went through?

Do i receive everything that I will need (booklet with registered animals and such) through mail or at the show?

Thanks for any help you can give me. Like I said, this is all new to me, so i don't really know what to expect.
Lizzie

Re: show question

Usually about a week before the show they will mail to you conformation of entry, entry number, and judging schedule.

Re: Re: show question

Lizzie,

Welcome to the world of dog shows! You will be able to purchase a catalog the day of the show. There, you will find the names of all of the other dogs who are entered, as well. Good luck and most importantly - HAVE FUN!

Just to let you (and everyone else) know the judging program for MVLRC should be in the mail very soon. Your entry confirmation (which shows what class you entered your dog in) will be included with the judging program. Have fun!

How many are entered, Liz?

I assuming you entered your dog online? If so, you should have received an email shortly afterwards stating that it had been processed. If you entered by mail, and paid by check, then you can call the bank (most usually have automated systems) to see if that check has cleared. If you received an email or the checked as been cashed, then your entry was more than likely processed. It used to be that you could call the superintendant to find out if your entry made it or not, but now they are not able to give out that information.

Then, as stated, about week before the show, you will receive the judging program that lists the number of dogs entered in each class, in which ring they will be shown and what time each ring starts.

The catalog, which lists all the dogs entered in each class is not available until the day of the show and may be purchased just before the start of the show.

Hope this helps, good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of dog shows.

thank you everyone!

Yes, i registered online and i got an imediate email after i registered him. So i guess I will wait for something to arrive in the mail.

Thanks again for everything! All of this really cleared up most of my questions.
Lizzie