Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Potomac Hotels

FYI! I just booked a room for next year's Potomac...my first time! The Holiday Inn and The Holiday Inn Express still had lots of room for anyone very eager like me.

Now someone please tell me that the Holiday Inn in Frederick at the FSK Mall is the right hotel...

It would be so typical of me to have booked the wrong place

Re: Potomac Hotels

Really - they accepted your bookings for next year already? Typically they don't do that so early at the host hotel.

Yes, I reserved a room already too --- through the 1-800 number for 4-8 thru 4-11. Received a confirmation number.

Re: Re: Potomac Hotels

I just called. They will take bookings, but they will be at the regular rate, and the rate won't be changed by the hotel once the block of rooms is reserved by the club. So said "George" on the phone there. I think he said the rate was $159.00.

Re: Re: Re: Potomac Hotels

So what is the rate if we wait until the club reserves the block of rooms????

This year, with tax, it turned out to be around $115-$120

i called. they said the rate is $114. But now they won't let anyone book even at the regular rate of $159.

Thanks for posting this....just got mine reserved.

I did it through the website, with my priority club member card...it went through with no problem.
And they said later, the rate would change when the club orders the block of rooms.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Potomac Hotels

Susan, did you type in LRCP or anything? How will they know to change the rate?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Potomac Hotels

when i called the lady said if you book at a higher rate they will not change it.

Well, as of about 8 pm eastern, the hotel isn't accepting any more reservations online. My guess is that either all of you got to them first, or more likely, someone from the club put the kabash on all these reservations and made the hotel hold the rest of the rooms for the club. It's interesting that all the club members always get rooms, plus whoever is "anyone" always gets a room (along with a few dozen prime parking spots)!

Why shouldn't the club members get rooms. When we hold our specialty we always reserve a block of rooms for the club. Besides, I'm a 'nobody' and have always gotten a room at the host hotel - I just call early.

I am a nobody and got a room online earlier this evening. I am willing to pay more and did not even consider that they would change the rate. Just have to be careful when you book online that you do not chose the rates which cannot be cancelled. You have to look at the Rate Detail to see this.

Yep, you're right - do you have a room yet? If not, you're probably out of luck too since "early" is "already" - which is INSANE with the show almost a year away!

After staying off site for the last two years, I will never stay at the host again. It is so much better at the hotel we stay at.No poop to step in, plenty of fields to Ex the dogs, no barking at night,the rooms are less expensive and much nicer, full continental breakfast, and no worries about leaving your parking spot to go to a good restaurant for dinner!

SSSSSHHHHH! Don't let anyone know!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Potomac Hotels

you are right!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Potomac Hotels

Never mind.....
Any extra rooms rooms already booked last night and they will not accept anymore. I was told that they have 78 rooms blocked for LRCP booking rate that is opened later. The LRCP also has 60 more rooms held for only for club members, judges and commitee members.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Potomac Hotels

opened later??

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Never mind.....
Any extra rooms rooms already booked last night and they will not accept anymore. I was told that they have 78 rooms blocked for LRCP booking rate that is opened later. The LRCP also has 60 more rooms held for only for club members, judges and commitee members.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Potomac Hotels

Yes, I was told they will have those rooms available the first week in June.

Isn't the whole purpose of the Potomac about show-casing our dogs and catching up with friends around the country and for that matter the world???? It's getting a little carried away when all we can discuss is the hotel rooms!!! It is about LABS that we go to Potomac or any other Specialty.

Thank you Jean for your comment - very well put!

The hotel was not suppose to take ANY reservations for the specialty until June so everyone wanting a room would get equal footing for reservations. The Club reserves a block of rooms for the judges, Officers & Board of Directors, Show Committee Members (which usually include the BOD), stewards and others that may come in to speak at the seminar. Those that work the show should be able to have a room at the host hotel if they desire one - an awlful lot of work and time goes into putting on this show. The only compensation the workers get are thanks and pats on the back by exhibitors that are happy or grumbles and nasty comments by those that are not happy. Unfortunately the hotel has only so many rooms so not everyone can stay on site. Hopefully these comments will help clear up a few misconceptions that people have.

From a tired committee member/worker.

I would like to add, that with only a very few exceptions, the rooms not provided on the LRCP's credit card, either. You work AND you get to pay for your own room.

Amen Cheryl! That should end this thread. Let's go have fun with our Labs!!!Looking forward to the Potomac next year

Oh I get it, only the oldies are allowed -- No one new, just those that belong to your club can get a room at the host -- lol. Potomac 101 -- prerequisite 70 year old attendee and codgier than all get go!!! I don't want to belong to your club anyway -- these are the same people that talk about other people's dogs while they're in the ring.

Excuse me? I don't understand your statement.