Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Truly Remarkable weekend!

Hi all,

I just got back from the LRCSC and just kind of "floated" home tonight. I hope you don't mind me bragging on my girls a bit.

Rycroft's Blame It On Me, "Punky" won her 12-15 month sweepstakes class BOTH days and made the cut in a good sized Bred-by class BOTH days too! Not bad for a 13 month old baby.

Rycroft's Blame It On The Rain, "Rainy" took 4th place in her Am Bred Class today (Sat)! I haven't shown this girl for a while, but she sure had a great time out there!

But my most Remarkable brag is on my sweet old veteran gal, Rycroft's Truly Remarquable. She not only won her sweepstakes class BOTH days, and not only won the regular veterans BOTH days (with a good size entry of lovely ol' ladies), but to much to my suprise she was given one of the first JAMS BOTH days!!!! Today she was in the final four for top consideration!! Not bad for an old lady!!! She showed her out heart out and really enjoyed all the attention she received.

I also showed Truly and Punky in Brace class as well. They received 1st place BOTH days. What fun that was as I hadn't even practice with them at all and show them both on english show leads. The judge commented today when we got back from the down and back that they were both moving in sync. LOL

Congrats again to all the winners!!

WD/JAM today was Wendy Knox's gorgeous chocolate boy, Hanova Irroqui Master Blend (and I know I didn't spell that right-it's been a long two days).

BOS today was Ch. Sure Shot Baloo. Way to go Susan

I hope that fills in the wins that haven't been posted yet.

Thanks for letting me brag!

Dianne

Re: A Truly Remarkable weekend!

Brag away as much as you want, Dianne. Truly's a beautiful girl, as are your other Labs. Enjoy the clouds:-)

Barb

Congrats Dianne! Your girls looked good out there this weekend.

And Congrats to all the other winners as well,there were some very nice dogs out there this weekend.

Way to go Everybody!!!!

Thanks Barbara and Julie C! You know, of the top four out there in the final lineup for Best of Breed, Truly was the ONLY black. So does that mean she won a BBISS (Best Black In Specialty Show)??? LOL Just kidding!

I am just thrilled for my old lady, who's 9 1/2 years young. She's VERY VERY special to me! She's also been on quite a roll and has won the regular Veterans bitch class in her last NINE specialty shows and now has been awarded the Judge's Award of Merit THREE times in Best of Breed. I'm so proud of her!

Reading through the other threads on this show someone said it was 95 degrees on Friday and was close to the same on Saturday. Really? Wow, I didn't realize it was that hot. Amazing how those top winners were still out there showing their stuff, tails wagging the whole time! True showdogs!

Dianne

Re: Re: A Truly Remarkable weekend!

Congratulations Diane and bring on the brags!! It keeps us all in the know and give you a chance to be proud of your hard work.
Judy

Great news!
Congratulations Dianne!

Congratulations Dianne.

Hearty congratulations, Dianne. Well done...

Diane.......Congratulations on a wonderful weekend.
From the sounds of things, I missed a fun Specialty!

Ruthie

Very well done! Continued success!

Congratulations, Dianne, you've earned your spot on the cloud!! I love that Truly, she's a special girl!

Big Congratulations Dianne:) on ALL your nice
wins. Truly is a very special girl to me also.
She only gets better with age.
Tears are starting to flow...

Congratulations!
Aloha,
Jackie

Congrats!!!

Well done!!! Enjoy all those gals!

Thank you all for your kind words and congrats on my very special ol' gal's wins this past weekend as well as my up and coming youngersters. It was quite a thrill for us!

And Vicki, you are more than welcome to visit with Truly again whenever we are at the same show. She was very happy to see her "grandma" at San Joaquin last month.

Dianne
PS Yes Ruthie, you missed a fun show, where the heck were you??? LOL

Congrats Dianne and girls and all winners and competitors! I hope everyone enjoyed

Congratulations, Dianne and "the girls!" What a fun show it was!

People are just "sick" with envy, Dianne.
They live their miserable little lives just kicking up dust.
Congratulations to you and continued success!

Thanks Julie and Michelle, I know I had a fabulous time!!! It seemed that many others did as well. Beautiful grounds, nice warm weather, gorgeous dogs, nice people, what more could one ask for?

Dianne

Glad you enjoyed on top of your very successful weekend Dianne. Still on that cloud? Enjoy it and many more to come!

Yes, Michelle, I am still on my cloud and I ain't a gonna let a NO ONE or a NOBODY knock me off for awhile. LOL

Eventhough I only breed on a very small scale, I've done well over the years at specialties and at all-breed shows, but have never gone quite so far as Ms. Truly did on Saturday. Being amongst the top four was a dream come true! I loved just looking down at Truly who seemed to have a huge grin on her face as she stood out there just showing off! Something in her sweet ol' brown eyes just made me feel at ease and not really nervous. I was just so thrilled to have gone so far. Some day I may win that coveted BISS, but for now, I'll take my place on the cloud right next door.

We're done with our California Specialty season for summer, so I'm gonna take a few months off and just enjoy the kids for awhile! These latest wins will be plenty to get me through until then. LOL

Dianne