Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LQ IDEA

How about sending in articles to the LQ on dogs taken back for what ever reason and how they got to be a champion. Know there are alot. More than we think. I know of 3 or 4 real close to me. We know we let the "good ones" go to pet homes ALOT. What nice reading that would make.

Re: LQ IDEA

It was nice to see the article in this past issue on fronts and rears. When I began with dogs in 1974, it was with Collies and we had a magazine called "Collie Cues" which every month had wonderful, educational articles on things like selecting puppies, whelping, plans for building whelping boxes, handling, movement, grooming,on and on and eventhough the same topics were covered throughout the years they were from different perspectives by knowlegeable breeders and learned from all. I would love to see more of these type of articles in LQ.

Re: LQ IDEA

Great idea! The first Labrador champion, Ch. Maidstone Paddington Bear, that Erin and I had was a pet we took back.

Re: Re: LQ IDEA

Ch Mar-Moye Rhiannon At Oakfell sat in a backyard until I spotter her at age three. Two weeks later she won her first Specialty. I agree, I'd love to read about these "found" treasures. I believe Baloo is another terrific story.
Marion

Re: Re: Re: LQ IDEA

Ole is another one.