Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wouldn't this be fun?

I sit here at my computer with dreams of a vacation --just a change of scene. I look up cabins in Georgia or perhaps a place in North or South Carloina--in the country. I see that Freeport Maine is listed as the up and coming vacation place--wouldn't a camp in the mountains be wonderful? But alas, with 5 Labs there is no way this would work.
Anyone want to trade homes? I have no kennel set up but have a large fenced yard with doggie door and home with all ceramic and hardwood and central air. There is a heated (Labs allowed) built in pool and hot tub. Lakes and wine trails within 5 minutes.

Re: wouldn't this be fun?

You dream like I do.......

Re: wouldn't this be fun? Cabin shopping.

I have been cabin shopping this spring. I am looking at cabins in the West Yellowstone, MT./Island Park, ID. area, and you know the first thing I look at or think of? "Hummmm, how will this work for the dogs!" LOL!

I know I can't take all of them each time - but I hope to take two each time! So there has to be trees, water (creek, stream or lake), a flat piece of ground for a dog yard and NO GRIZZLEY BEARS!

Coming in second are the human needs - plenty of bedrooms, bathrooms and parking - my husband thinks my "thinking" is screwed up. But what does he know anyway?

Valerie - Bibsmom

Re: wouldn't this be fun?

Because of the distance & logistical nightmare of transporting our crew with us and having friends with the same problem, we have traded houses AND dogs while vacationing. Lots of fun & sometimes makes you appreciate your own dogs even more!

Re: Re: wouldn't this be fun?

You guys would love Freeport, Maine. It is beautiful. Most of maine is nice!! LL Bean is in Freeport. Open 24hrs. lots to shop at!!! Maine in September or October is wonderful, and the best time to go.

Jen

P.S. You guys have to see that movie "The Holiday"

Re: Re: Re: wouldn't this be fun?

My parents are doing this very thing, but on a larger scale. They are trading houses with a family from Germany for 3 weeks, and then again with a couple from Paris!!! They'll be gone most of the summer, having a grand time in Europe:)

I'd love to trade with someone in Maine, but with puppies coming and youngsters, it'd just be too difficult.

Re: Re: Re: Re: wouldn't this be fun?

Your right Jen! Maine is beautiful! Lived here my whole life. 30 mins. from Freeport Aren`t you and Julie coming up here Sat?

Sometimes I tell Eric I`d like to move to Ohio, just so I could be more Central and go to more Specialty`s LOL
Tammy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: wouldn't this be fun?

Yes Julie and I are gonna play on saturday. We're gonna hit Portsmouth, kittery, and freeport. We're staying in Freeport and then driving to the lrcgb match sunday. which i am judging by the way!!

Jen

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: wouldn't this be fun?

Just rented the movie Holiday! Yeah, I would love to trade for a home in Beverly Hills