Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rocheby Navy Blue and Royal Navy

I am hoping someone who knows pedigrees can help me out.

I am trying to find out more about these dogs. My bitch has Navy Blue behind her dam's sire. However, on some pedigree sites I am seeing it listed as Royal Navy. But I KNOW what MY AKC pedigree says for my bitch. So I am trying to solve the mystery.

Re: Rocheby Navy Blue and Royal Navy

Both of these names are on this website:

http://labrador.retriever.free.fr/recherche.php?lang=en

Rocheby Navy Blue and Rocheby Royal Navy were littermates. Both black boys. Navy Blue was By and Royal Navy is dominant black. Navy Blue was owned by his breeders the Hopkinson's and Royal Navy is owned by Winnie Limbourne & Betty Buelteman. Hope this helps.

Re: Re: Rocheby Navy Blue and Royal Navy

Thanks I didn't have that site bookmarked. They appear to be littermates, which might be part of the confusion.

I am also trying to find where the chocolate came from but it appears that Navy Blue is a byc if I read the code right on that site...

Re: Re: Rocheby Navy Blue and Royal Navy

Navy Blue must be BYC because he produced a chocolate boy, Kimvalley Blue Stockings, which Betty appears to own as well.

Thanks!

Glad it helped. Researching pedigrees is addictive but can be frustrating at times too!

Navy Blue was doubled on that wonderful black Ch. Kupros Master Mariner and certainly carried chocolate.

He was quite a producer. Apart from Am/Can Ch Kimvalley Blue Stocking, he produced the Sh.Chs. Amberstope Blue Moon, the lovely Dakross Billie Holiday, Foxrush Blue Saphire, Kimvalley Blue Belle and Rockabee Blue Peter of Sandylands - all show champions in a country that only produces a handfull every year. Not to mention the sibling Sh.Chs. Rocheby Pure Linnen and Powder Blue as well as their top producing litter brother R. Old Smokey who, although not a champion himself, has ensured himself a prominent place in the history of the breed.