Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
4 LAB SITES HAVE BEEN HACKED TODAY CONTACT INFO STOLEN TOO

My web page was hacked in to today and my entire site was deleted. My personal information taken including my credit card on file.

The hacker used an FTP program and took it all.

The ISP of the log in that deleted my account was LOGGED and I was contacted by my host due to the fact that it wasn't mine.

My host was able to restore my pages with back up files they keep.

It's needs a lot of work to get it back to where it was.

THE SCARY PART IS...4 OTHER LAB SITES OTHER THAN MINE WERE ALSO HACKED. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR HOST AND MAKE SURE THEY KNOW AND CAN MAYBE HELP PROTECT YOUR SITE.

Re: 4 LAB SITES HAVE BEEN HACKED TODAY CONTACT INFO STOLEN TOO

Back up your site ASAP..... all HTML and pictures to be safe.

Re: 4 LAB SITES HAVE BEEN HACKED TODAY CONTACT INFO STOLEN TOO

Let's not start a panic here. First of all I'm sorry you were hacked, but it might be a good idea to mention your hosting service. Only those using the same hosting service probably need to worry. Seems a little odd 4 sites from 4 different hosting services were hacked on the same day. This would lead me to believe all 4 use the same service. How was it they were able to get your credit card information? This information is not stored in your home directory, which makes me think your hosting service was hacked, not necessarily your site specifically.

Re: Re: 4 LAB SITES HAVE BEEN HACKED TODAY CONTACT INFO STOLEN TOO

I know 2 of them are with BlueHost.

Re: Re: Re: 4 LAB SITES HAVE BEEN HACKED TODAY CONTACT INFO STOLEN TOO

What a horrible and scary feeling to have somebody hacking into your private affairs like that. It makes you wonder what these sort of cyber criminals are actually capable of. Will it be your confidential e-mails etc next that end up being attacked and mis-used? Maybe even forwarded to places they shouldn't be etc? The computer age is great but it does have terrible risks too.