Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dog Treat reciepes.

I thought I had the reciepe to make this cake for my dog. Some one refresh my mind. On the website that lists all kinds of bisquits cakes etc. I have a pup turned 12 mos today. And this cake is in order to share with her hommies.!!! The cake has a cream cheese frosting with bacon and fruit.Etc...I thought i had it but not. TIA

Re: Dog Treat reciepes.

Try this http://www.dog-treat-recipe-exchange.com/dog_birthday_cake_recipes.html

I have a cake recipe with cooked rice, ground beef or turkey some eggs, etc., veggies, and a mashed sweet potato icing.

This is the one I use:

Canine Birthday Cake

1/2 lb. beef liver or lean ground beef
13 oz. premium canned dog food
2 egg whites
12 oz. low factor, non fat soft cream cheese
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

Preheat oven to 350o and butter a 9" round cake pan. Simmer the liver or ground beef in a little water until cooked. Cool and grind in a blender until smooth, soft paste is formed. Mix with canned dog food. Beat the egg whites to peaks and fold into the blender mixture. Blend in flour and baking powder; do not over mix. Strive to retain the lightness of the egg whites. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool and frost with the soft cream cheese. Decorate with small dog biscuits and serve to your eager party-goers!

From "The Pooch Papers" Vol. 4 Issue 7
Recipe from Ann Enachs of Kansas City, Kansas

www.bullwinkle.com