Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
For those that feed Solid Gold

I have written e-mails to Solid Gold regarding the recalls as most of my Labs are fed Millenium. This is their reply and I thought I would share.

Thank you for your email,

We at Solid Gold realize that customers are very concerned with the recent recall of canned products made by Menu foods and American Nutrition in addition to the recent addition of dry foods to this list. We would like to assure our customers that there are no safety concerns with Solid Gold products. Our foods have not been recalled. We have no association with either American Nutrition or Menu Foods. The rice protein concentrate involved in the Natural Balance recall was supplied to Diamond exclusively for use in that product and is not used in any other products they make.

Further, we use no wheat gluten or rice protein concentrate in any of our foods or treats. The dry formulas are made in California and the canned formulas, with the exception of the Blended Tuna, are made in the Texas. All the meats and grains used in Solid Gold products are domestically sourced, with three exceptions. The lamb comes from New Zealand, the potato protein in the Barking at the Moon comes from Europe and the Blended Tuna canned cat food is produced offshore by a US company due to the lack of tuna processing plants in the US. Furthermore, all these ingredients are also fit for human consumption. We do not use any animal feed grade ingredients in our products. The ingredients in our foods are the same ingredients that go into the foods we eat. We are confident that our foods and treats are 100% safe. To date all testing has shown that our foods are melamine free.

Solid Gold is not subject to the current recall and we do not anticipate any problems with our foods or treats. You may continue to feed Solid Gold food and treats with confidence.

We feed our own pets Solid Gold, so we have a vested interest in the quality and safety of our own foods as well.

Best regards,

Solid Gold

Re: For those that feed Solid Gold

Thanks Cindy for the information. I was wondering because i feed solid gold wolf king.I feel better after reading the info

Re: Re: For those that feed Solid Gold

Welcome Gretchen. Hope to see you AT Pioneer Valley!