Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Overload

Is anyone else on overload? Between legislative updates and dog food recalls, I'm finding it harder and harder to pay attention to either. But both are so important! For the dog food recalls in particular, I see the information first on Yahoo news, then on my TV, hear it on the radio, see it on the 4 forums that I participate in, and probably half a dozen people forward it to me too. For the legislative update, I get it on the forums and forwarded, plus our AKC delegate sends out regular updates. And to my amazement some of the notes about legislation have gotten downright nasty.

I'm just trying to keep track and there's so much duplicate information... It's hard to stay motivated to keep up to date.

Re: Overload

The number and frequency of the recalls has gotten to be overwhelming. I know exactly what you mean. I think each one de-sensitizes us to the next one and nothing surprises me anymore!

Nancy - you don't even want to read what is on the pet-law email lists! It makes you cringe!

I'd like to read more forums. Can you tell me the others Nancy?

Yes, Nancy, I feel overwhelmed and am getting desensitized like you said, but what worries me is that this is no longer just a pet issue. Now this stuff is in the HUMAN food!
Once the petfood was recalled, where did all those tons of stuff go? To the animals! Yes, they now report that 30 million chickens were fed the melamine contaminated petfood as part of their overall food rations. And we've eaten them! If you bought and ate any chicken since February, you probably got some melamine along with your chicken. They've managed to quarantine and slaughter the pigs fed the stuff, and I haven't heard if any of it was fed to beef/milk cattle, waiting for the shoe to drop on that one. But that's just as important as the fact that our dogs and cats have been dying from this stuff. All because the Chinese manufacturers wanted to artifically boost the protein test results. And as an added thought - only Tyson and Purdue chicken is fed American-made only feed. Another reason to buy American.