Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Barbaro

Did anyone else watch the story of "Barbaro" tonight. What an incredible story!

Re: Barbaro

Yes I did, I cried so much. Everyone around him tried so hard to save him and it just wasn't meant to be. Such a beautiful animal who also had a great heart and will to live. What a heartbreak.

It was a great story though and really showed how much those around him truly loved him.

Hopefully his little brother will follow in his footsteps (but not the misstep) and go on to greatness to carry on his legacy.

Dianne

Re: Re: Barbaro

I watched here also, what a great story!!

Was smiling thru my tears.

Re: Re: Re: Barbaro

Yes, I saw it and thought it was wonderfull. It was a warm, befitting tribute to such a courageous and beautiful animal. His story touched so many people and it's just so sad that he did not survive. His little brother looks like a fine young fellow but I hope Barbaro's legacy will not be a burden to him.

It was incredible to hear Gretchen talk of how much they truly loved him, I just remember Ruffian and wish she had had the same chance to recover too.....

I had the honor of meeting Roy & Gretchen Jackson at a fund raiser in Ocala Fl....They are extremely nice and caring people. Barbaro was lucky to have had them for owners and all the others that surrounded him with love. I am sure he is running again with the wind in his mane.....

We watched the derby with bittersweet emotions and then, as someone else said, watched the documentary with tears and smiles.
It is obvious that everyone involved loved and cared for him the best they knew how.What an inspiration he was.
He made the world seem a better place with his good nature, courage, and will.
Mrs Jackson said she thinks of him everyday and many of us can understand that great sense of loss.

Tiffany , I remember Ruffian too. I was pretty young then, but I do remember there was a book published about her... I remember crying over her It's nice how our love for animals includes them all

Watched it Saturday night, excellent...tears started just as the race started and I watched him explode out of the gate. So much heart, so much soul, a shame so little time with this wonderful boy.