Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anxiously waiting

I had my gal bred (AI) on April 17th and April 19th. Her progesterone was 5.1 on the 16th. This is her first and my first litter. She is scheduled for an ultra sound May 17th. I am very anxious to find out if she is bred. She had a slight clear mucousy discharge the last few days and it appears her teats are somewhat firmer. She has been extremely affectionate and even seems to be a bit tired. I may be reading more into this hoping she is indeed in whelp, but as the true professionals here what is your opinions? One other tidbit of information, she has been an avid and enjoyable vehicle passenger since she was 7 weeks old. Last week one day she was on the verge of getting car sick when we were in the vehicle. The 17th won't come soon enough. TIA

Re: Anxiously waiting

Hi, My girls always seem to have a discharge about two weeks post breeding. The one girl we bred just a week always barfs up breakfast about 2 1/2 weeks into her pregnancy. It sounds like your girl is preggers. Best of luck with your first litter!

Shelley

Re: Anxiously waiting

My last litter (first one for bitch) I just knew she was pregnant as she became so affectionate and calmer.