Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need some help, please

DH has found a stray at work and wants to bring her home. The thing is, we don't know if she has pups she is nursing. He said her nipples are more prominent than those on our 2 girls here at home. I showed him a few pics of a pregnant dog and a nursing dog. The pics I showed him weren't very good. Here is where your help comes in.

If anybody has any pics of a pregnant dog's nipples, or a nursing doggie momma's nipples or a female that had pups in the past nipples. It may help us to determine if she may have pups we need to locate.

He is going to try and follow her tomorrow, but just in case he can't we want an idea of what we may be up against.

Re: Need some help, please

We were able to find some pics on the internet and he says that from what he can surmise, she has had a litter in the past but is not currently nursing. She does not have the saggy "bag" where milk would be. But her nipples are quite prominent. He also said she is quite skinny and undernourished. The other people where he works said she started first showing up about 3 - 4 weeks ago and looked close to death, she was so skinny. She has been fed by folks there. But when DH saw her, he fell in love and decided that if he can get her to trust him enough he will bring her home.

Re: Re: Need some help, please

GOD BLESS DH!

Re: Need some help, please

Beth, you and your husband have big hearts. I hope he can catch her and bring her home to your crew.