Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Potomac Host Hotel Update

It seems that the rooms that were available for the show in 2008 are now taken.

Re: Potomac Host Hotel Update

I thought it was supposed to be tomorrow? The LRCP webpage says Wednesday, May 9 at 9 am. What happened?

Re: Re: Potomac Host Hotel Update

Could it be that the rooms are blocked UNTIL tomorrow, and that's why we can't make reservations?

Re: Re: Re: Potomac Host Hotel Update

I called and was told all they had left for Attendee and vender rooms are April 7th and 8th. The rest of the rooms in that block are reserved.

How special.

It seems to me that either the show has outgrown the site, or more likely, the show is becoming extremely exclusive. If you're not in the clique, don't bother.

And I got a room.

I was told before that the date was this a.m. I called around 9:00 a.m. and was able to get a room easily at the LRCP rate of $114.

I thought the date was May 9th. Isn't that what it said on the LRCP site? I don't get it.

I just called too - fully booked and a long wait list. It's very disappointing that the wrong date was listed on the website as the first day to call.

Happens every year! Last year, I called the host hotel, and they told me the day to call was after July 4th. She was off by a month - it was the first week in JUNE! OUCH!

I was able to get 4 rooms at the host hotel

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Happens every year! Last year, I called the host hotel, and they told me the day to call was after July 4th. She was off by a month - it was the first week in JUNE! OUCH!

Medical notice: Potomac virgins or others requiring therapy for rosette envy should should call the Holiday Inn Wednesday morning, May 9, 2007 at 9am to make room reservations for 2008. That is the latest from the hotel! Ask for Suzy. She gnomes best.

Amazing no one from the LRCP notice this mistake. Hummm...

Not true! It was yesterday and they are sold out.

We stayed at the HIE express this year and it was a wonderful place. Staff is helpful friendly, free breakfast every morning, dog snacks available at the desk, and homemade cookies every afternoon lol.
It was also quiet and clean, lots of room to exercise the dogs. It's about 2 minutes away from the Host Hotel.
I know the host hotel is super convenient but if you couldn't get a room there, you won't be disappointed at the HIE.

Actually, the blame for the discrepancy on the published date should not be placed on the LRCP...this was the date which the hotel told the club that they would open registrations. You cannot fault the club or its members - they didn't have any advantage, as some have implied.

When I called the host hotel the Sales Department told me that they had the correct date, that the club had the wrong date posted on their website.

I did not see the date on the LRCP web site - when I called on May first I was able to reserve a room. This is the first year I was on time - I have never been abnle to get a room at the host before. Figures the time I did not look for a date I actually made it on time.

I got mine too earlier than the LRCP date, but not at their discounted rate. Maybe that is why you were able to get it early. To me it is worth the exrea $$ to be able to stay right there.