Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
California AB 1634

Does anyone have information as to whether Dog Show Superintendents can or will help defeat this Bill. Many people were under the impression that there would be an exemption from the mandatory Spay/Neuter law for show dogs, but that does not seem to be the case now.

Re: California AB 1634

Check with the AKC

or
www.ab1634.com
or
www.saveourdogs.net

I know that Bradshaw dog shows was involved but they are the only CA-Based Super I am aware of.

Re: Re: California AB 1634

Thanks for your information, but, I believe the AKC, due to their charter or mission statement, cannot participate financially to defeat this bill. I was wondering about the other entities that will be effected financially by the passage of this bill that might be able to put up some money.

This type of legislation may eventually move around the entire country so, in my opinion, it would help to get concerned citizens and businesses from outside of California to contribute.

So far, I have contributed to CDOC (Concerned Dog Owners of California. This entity is working on the education of owners and legislaturs angle, as well as trying to hire a lobbyist to represent us in Sacramento.

Anyone wishing to donate to CDOC can send a check to
CDOC, 22735 Leonora Dr., Woodland Hills, CA 91367-6117.

I would put my money on the CFDOC or California Federation of Dog Clubs. the CDOC is quite willing to negotiate with legislators and sign away rights for some compromises. the Federation has the interests of ALL dog fanciers at heart.

Or even better... here:

http://petpac.net/

Re: Re: California AB 1634

Thank you so much. I'll try those.

Re: Re: Re: California AB 1634

There is a section that provides a "Breeders' Permit" for show and working dogs but it expires in 2009 with no mention of renewal. This is a serious bill that would make breeding dogs in California illegal at some point. It is true, that if this bill passes in California, then so go the rest of the states. I believe some are sitting on such bills and are waiting to see what happens in Ca.

Re: Re: Re: Re: California AB 1634

Yes, I received a forwarded email today with this information. You were on the list, too. I'm just trying to make the most informed decision about where to spend my money and energy and be the most effective. I did go to the PetPac website and that was helpful. I am willing to help and have written letters, but it would be helpful to find out the financial impact to places like the hotel in Long Beach where Eubanuka is held, how much Jack Bradshaw would loose in revenue, etc. At this point I think the money will do some talking.