General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lab Puppy PC Pal

Pretty cute free stuff:

http://www.kleenexpuppy.com.au/PuppyStuff.asp

Re: Lab Puppy PC Pal

It's a virtual lab puppy for your desktop.

.....and you're welcome (over 200 hits later)

I understand your frustration. Perhaps using your real name might get more responses to your thread.

Shouldn't make a difference. I personally was taught to be polite, even to those I did not know.

"I personally was taught to be polite, even to those I did not know."

So was I and the reason I responded to your thread

My response was not a dig just a suggestion as many people on this forum prefer to know the name of the person they are corresponding with/posting in response to.

I didn't take your response as a dig. Had I made a derogatory remark on a post, anonymous or not, they would have answered. Thank you for your suggestion. I commend your family for bringing you up right.

---------------------------
""I personally was taught to be polite, even to those I did not know."

So was I and the reason I responded to your thread

My response was not a dig just a suggestion as many people on this forum prefer to know the name of the person they are corresponding with/posting in response to."

Re: Re: Lab Puppy PC Pal

Sure, then you pull a "Holier Than Thou" routine.

Anonymous~
Your curt post implies that participants in this forum are somehow indebted to you for the referral and that we should be showing you gratitude. The tone has an air of superiority which is a turn off. It makes me question why you posted in the first place, especially for such a benign subject.

"Sure, then you pull a "Holier Than Thou" routine."

Was this directed at me?

If so you are reading a tone of voice into my original post that was not there.

And again, if so, please read it again when you are in a better mood

Maria,

Very good.
You are right, my post declaring "and you're welcome" can centainly be inturperted by you in a way that the "tone has an air of superiority" but it was not meant in that way and I'm not upset by your honest and tactful reply. Patty has empathy for how I felt, it was frustrating. Politeness is something often foreign in this forum. After reading the happy fuss everyone was making about the Cottonelle Tissue I thought for sure someone was going to love this download (I do). That's why I posted it in the first place. This forum could use a little less drama sometimes.

----------------------------------
Anonymous~
Your curt post implies that participants in this forum are somehow indebted to you for the referral and that we should be showing you gratitude. The tone has an air of superiority which is a turn off. It makes me question why you posted in the first place, especially for such a benign subject.
Email: tirgoddess@aol.com

Oh I LOVE it! I downloaded it and now have that darling little puppy on my computer. They even have a screen saver and free ecards! Wonderful - thank you!

Good Deal!

I finally had the time to download this to try it out -- my virus checker picked up a Trojan in it......be aware!

McAfee picked it up here too, W32/HLLP.Philis.iq and removed it thankfully. I am going to submit the information to them. How disappointing; they cant keep their own site clean yet they give advice not to download it from others in email. The virused one is right on the .au download site that is listed in this post. Please for the safety of your computer Do no download it until they repair their issue!!