Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
puppy vomiting

I have a puppy that keeps vomiting. She does it once a day. After beeing sick she eats the food up and is okay. She is fed on liquid food. Other than that she is fit and happy. I have also noticed that she breaths a little heavier after playing and running. has anybody had a similar experience?

Re: puppy vomiting

When was the last time she was de-wormed? Sometime giving dry food prevents them from wolfing it down too...some not though...some will inhale their food no matter what you do. Have you taken her temperature?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I have a puppy that keeps vomiting. She does it once a day. After beeing sick she eats the food up and is okay. She is fed on liquid food. Other than that she is fit and happy. I have also noticed that she breaths a little heavier after playing and running. has anybody had a similar experience?

Re: puppy vomiting

Have the pup checked for megaesophogus.

Re: Re: puppy vomiting

I agree with NY breeder-check into Megaesophagus-sure sounds like a match, been there.
Lisa

Re: Re: Re: puppy vomiting

Also check for PRAA Persistent Right Aortic Arch...This condition also causes vomiting, mainly after eatinf something....I have been there and had it repaired....Its a rare condition and serious surgery.....Good Luck...........

Re: Re: puppy vomiting

she has been wormed 2 weeks ago and has been wormed before. I have an appointment at the Vets next week for Megaesophagus. She has 4 meals a day and only vomits once a day. She can also eat bisquits and nothing happens.