Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Turned away from the car wash!

Today I took my van to the local car wash to get the interior shampooed. It's well overdue and needed an industrial cleaning. Once they looked inside they DECLINED to do it! OMG - they've done it before when it was worse... I was totally shocked. Oh well - I'll have to fix the belt on my home shampooer now.

Re: Turned away from the car wash!

I'm not sure I would share that.

Re: Re: Turned away from the car wash!

Hey -- I always say dog snot on the inside of your car windows is better than tinting!!

Nancy did they turn you away because of dog hair?? I was going to get my car done because of all the hair but maybe I won't if they turn you down because of dog hair and dirty windows.. I can't believe they did that...

You got that much dog hair. yikes.
if you got dog hair and urine, From those accidents you might try a company that comes to steam clean carpets. Ours out here will to your car. They do a real good job of making it look nice.And also do the chairs in the car.

LOL - that's just too funny, except now you have to do it yourself! Maybe you should have offered a big tip?

As an aside - do you use a regular home shampooing machine? I'd think they would be too tall to use comfortably inside a regular van?

mmmmmmm I didn't think there were car washes any more that did your cars. I thought that was by gone with the olden days.??? Must be a city thing??? All the ones i have ever been to you pay big bucks and drive through.There is no attendants. Interesting.mmmmmm
I even got wowed when I went through one that has a drier.That's an up grade for me.

You might try companies that detail cars but likely it'll be cheaper to fix your cleaner & do it yourself.

What did you expect. Geeeeeeeeeesh That was not considerate of you to begin with, must of been pretty gross.

Why is it that folks feel compelled to be rude on this forum lately??

And this place HAD done it before so what's your problem???!!

Rudeness

Some of you are RIDICULOUSLY RUDE. Stop hiding behind your anonymous posts and post with your REAL NAME every time you post. C'mon folks take some responsibility for what you type. Act like decent human beings for crying out loud!

Nancy, I'm sorry they wouldn't do your car, try looking for a detailer. You may have to pay a bit more, but they will likely do a better job.

Yeah, 'cause it makes sense to wash your car BEFORE taking it to the carwash...

(Sarcasm, btw.)

Re: Rudeness

Likely it is just one or two individuals that like to chime in to almost EVERY discussion with a rude comment just to get everyone's ire up.
If we would just ignore the rude poster they will eventually get bored and leave.
JMO

Re: Re: Rudeness

I agree, I think it's just 1 or 2 people with nothing to do but try to get everyone stirred up...

Has anyone ever tried the purple "Fabuloso"? you get it from the Dollar Store...it has no disinfecting properties but it SMELLS SO GOOD! I use it in a spray bottle and wipe off the shlves and door and such in my "nursery"...if I'm not too limited in time I'll go over the floors with a little of it after mopping with disinfect floor cleaner just to get the nice smell. Now it's not for all and if you are sensitive to certain things...use spareingly.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Likely it is just one or two individuals that like to chime in to almost EVERY discussion with a rude comment just to get everyone's ire up.
If we would just ignore the rude poster they will eventually get bored and leave.
JMO

I cannot imagine how filthy my car would have to be to have someone who makes their living that way refuse to clean it. Ever stop to think that maybe the van was so dirty that it wasn't worth it time-wise for the place to clean it? why should they spen, maybe 3 times the time on one van where they could get many others done during that time.
I'm not sure if it's in spite of..no maybe because of my dogs...I want to live in a clean healthy enviroment. I try to have a little pride with myself and my dogs.
Honestly--why get on here and broadcast how dirty you keep your things?

Dog hair

Some detailers will not deal with dog hair. If they charge a flat fee for cleaning and dog hair takes 5 times as long to clean...it is not uncommon.

Re: Dog hair

I had a friend trade a van in and there was an issue on having it detailed because of the dog hair, etc. So maybe detailers are busy enough that they can pick and choose their business.

I agree, it's mostly just one or two on here. In the past, it was proven by their ISP's that some of the posts were actually the SAME person, bickering both sides of an arguement. I work in the psychology field. We have names for such conditions. *S* I was recently the target of nastiness on this list, which came the very day I was anguishing about putting my ailing veteran down, and I did in fact, have to put him down the following day. The rude posts couldn't have come at a worse time for me, but I am now able to look back and realize that some people just do this sort of thing and we likely will always have it on this forum, as long as we have anonymity.

I think if we all just ignore the nasty posts and continue on in our sharing of information in a fair and respectful manner, the ones looking for a raz won't get what they're looking for here on this forum and will concentrate on the other forums that they no doubt go to as well.

I do not know Nancy, but over time I have appreciated her sense of humor, candidness, and wit. My first read of that post was exactly that she was just taking the situation in stride and expressing the dogdom of her van, as she has with the dog hair on the sofa; an overall expression for her love of her animals. I too am dismayed at the judgement of others that takes place here, most of it anonymously. Because she doesn't sweat the small stuff and appears not to put up with bullshit, Nancy would probably be one of the few folks that I would choose to ride out a storm with, the folks who cowardly judge and hide are the dead weight that I would leave behind or personally throw overboard.

I think Nancy does field training, too, which can get a car very dirty. I bought a liner for my van for that reason. It is heavy duty vinyl and doesn't stay up on the sides where it is supposed to, but it keeps the carpet fairly clean.

"Because she doesn't sweat the small stuff and appears not to put up with bullshit"

You got it! It's a shame that what started out as a humorous entry brought out the nasties.

Re: Re: Re: Turned away from the car wash!

Hey Nancy,
I know the feeling of embarassment...My Outback got rear ended a month ago and the body shop does a no charge detailing. When the owner of the body shop called me to pick up my car he wanted me to take it for a test drive to be sure I was satisfied with his work. We were driving along and opened all the windows because it was a beautiful sunny day....all of a sudden there is yellow hair coming out of every where. The body shop guy said..."Mrs. Losea I swear to God we thought we got all the hair" I just laughed and said the only way you could get all the hair out of the car is to torch it!

You might try a car dealer. Some of them will do detail work when they have time. I know a person that used to work for a dealer and they said that the dog hair is so hard to get out that they didn't like to do it since they were likely to miss some. My van after a muddy show weekend is not looking very good either! 3 Muddy footed dogs in and out of it for 4 days................yikes
Sheila

Hey Guys,

You know, I am pretty sure this was an attempt to lighten it up abit.
Nancy is really good at getting some humor on here.
I think we can all relate to the dog hair and the "custom tint". ( I really love that one)
To the ones that think it's terrible to air on the forum how bad your car is inside, LIGHTEN UP. We all have dogs. The more you have the more hair you have.

You have guts Nancy! If I took my van in they'd laugh me all the way out the door.

Happy cleaning.

Donna

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

"Because she doesn't sweat the small stuff and appears not to put up with bullshit"

You got it! It's a shame that what started out as a humorous entry brought out the nasties.

Sometime I think how it used to be
when my hardwoods gleamed and the carpets were clean.
No spots, no mud, no footprints or sand.
No hair on the furniture, no drool and not beaten.
My windows were clean, not a nose print on them- the sills were smooth finished; not chewed up and eaten. My life was so simple- I could stay out all night. My car was so clean and now it's a fright!
My reverie shaken when I look down at my feet. Sixteen eyes do my eyes then meet.
I feel guilty as heck for wishing for clean.
I didn't mean it at all, I wouldn't give back
all the years of their love for a few little specks.
So if others get nasty and won't clean your car
don't worry or fuss.
Just know that they're worth every inch of that muss.

I've been at Pioneer Valley watching some lovely dogs win and just read through this thread. Yes, it was supposed to be a humorous post! LOL - I can't believe some of you nasties. My van is full of dog hair, mainly from my blind yellow dog who sheds like crazy all year round. And some spilled coffee - I can't go anywhere without spilling coffee. And a bunch of mud on the walls. And I did have an indoor/outdoor carpet which I cut to fit, but was so dirty that I pulled it out and put it out with the garbage. So the original carpet was pretty clean.

Of course, if you want to imagine it ankle deep in feces and a me a candidate for an Animal Cops episode, feel free!

This place had done my van before and I've always given them a hefty tip. Their explanation was that the dog hair clogs up their shampoo machine.

FV: Your statement is priceless! Made me laugh: "Yeah, 'cause it makes sense to wash your car BEFORE taking it to the carwash..."

Maria: I'd ride out the storm with you too!

I'm not embarrassed or upset - just mildly amused at people who just can't find humor in the quirks of living with dogs...

And I guess I was just lazy in the end - my carpet shampooer does have a wand so it's not that big a deal to clean it out. But I think I will have one of my kids take it to one of those self serve places with the industrial vacuums before I shampoo it. Happy Mother's Day!