Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
time between seasons

I have a 4 yo girl that I am planning to breed for the first time (mine, and hers. Yes she has all clearances and is titled). She has had 6 heat cycles to date, days between cycles have been 186, 186, 180, 164, 202. She was due in on 4/16 if I go by the ~186 days between, and was due 5/2 if I go by the last heat cycle... yep, still no heat. She is fit and healthy, no health problems. Is this just related to age? Would you be worrying? Is it just because I want puppies this time???

Slowly going crazy.....

Re: time between seasons

That always happens when you want to breed them. She will come in...all in good time. Good Luck with your breeding.

The girl I am breeding (today in fact) has had heats between 5 and 7 months apart. Her previous heat was around October 1st. She went into heat around May 2.

One of my girls came in the first time at 1 year and then again 8 months later, then 7,6 and 5 and she's into her 6th month since last heat and I'm still waiting.

Can't remember the last time I had a bitch on a regular 6 month cycle.

Glad everyone is having the same problem as me.
Last year i had 2 girls come in 3 times each. 4 mos apart. which was a new one on me. especially 2 of them.
Now I'm waiting one who should of been in 2 weeks ago...

I have a girl that was a 7 month cycler to the day. She was that exact. This last time, the first time we wanted to breed her, she was a month late. Go figure. I wouldn't worry just yet, she'll come in. Most of my girls go an average of 7 months between cycles.

Re: Re: time between seasons

Thank you everyone. Apparently my girl is doing a normal girl thing, and will come in when she feels like it! I'll try not to look at the calendar anymore... that's what I get for telling her a spring litter sounded lovely!

Re: Re: time between seasons

i pray you're not waiting for miya.

Boy Risky Business, I hope that's not true either. I'm praying that maybe Miya doesn't come into season at all...

Once again, thanks to all who responded to my question. To update those kind folks who took the time to answer, my girlie finally came in season today! Now please cross fingers and toes for a good breeding and healthy mom and puppies? Thanks!!!

Risky Business and Yikes,

Stop reading into my post. You know nothing and you're way off base.

Worry about your own breeding program instead of others.

And have the guts to post with your real name.

Try to help someone out and the Trolls come out of the woodwork