Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Canidae

Has anyone had any experiences with Canidae food? TIA

Re: Canidae

My dogs have been eating Canidae for about 3 years. I recently switched to their new Lamb & Rice. I'm very happy with the results.

My dogs had constant soft poop and diarrhea on it. My one girl had icky ears from it. I'm now using Natures Variety chicken and rice and they have small firm stools, clean ears, and their coats look wonderful. I think the oil in Canidae was too much for them. Just my theory though.

I've had my dogs on Canidae for a few months now - they are doing great on it (All Stages). Good coats, poops, ears - I like the ingredients and the fat/protein ratio. A few of my breeder friends feed it and their dogs do very well on it also.

Re: Re: Canidae

My dogs didn't do well on the All Stages variety, but I won a 40# bag of their Chicken/Rice kind and it worked really well for them.

Re: Re: Re: Canidae

I have seen twice now with littermates, some on Canidae and the other's on Diamond. The pups on Canidae were way under weight, less bone and coats weren't good, they didn't even resemble the pups that were on the Diamond food, you would swear they were from a different litter. The pups on Diamond were in very good weight,good bone,and coats were thick and beautiful. The pups when changed from Canidae to Diamond gained the weight,bone improved, and coats came back thick and beautiful. Personally after seeing this I wouldn't feed my labs Canidae.

I have fed canidae to my dogs for 7 years. I use the all life stages. It has been a great food for my dogs. They keep great weight and muscle tone. I have no problems with it at all.

Like everything else in life, "different strokes for different dogs" - or is it "folks".

Yep, I agree Marjorie. If there was one magic food, we'd all be feeding it.