Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ASPCA survey

any one else hear about this? Anyone concerned?

http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=dogsurvey

Re: ASPCA survey

Well that sure is scary as one of our puppy buyers could take the "survery" and provide our name/address/info to the ASPCA! I don't think I like that one bit!

Oops - meant to say "Survey"!

Not very scientific, but people are going to give specific information on breeders/sellers that they are not happy with, so that may swing attention away from the good guys. Who knows.

Re: Re: ASPCA survey

I don't like this idea at all. Puppy buyers are not that knowledgeable (most)

I did see the survey. The ASPCA is not HSUS, and their intentions are not bad. I think that, like many of us, they simply want to get a handle on where dogs are coming from. How much is puppy mill? How much is backyard breeding? How much is oopsie? Etc., etc., etc.
I filled it out for my rescue dog, but I didn't fill it out for my other two because they asked for names and asked about hereditary defects. I don't know what they are going to do with that info, but I don't want to be perceived as bashing anyone, and my other two just so happen to be from the same breeder & have 2 different hereditary defects. There was no way I was going to fill it out for them.