Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Current Dog Food Recall List ?

I started my Post Whelp dam on Super Premium Nutra Nuggets Puppy Kibble and now I am scared that this mass produced kibble is safe ?

I used to use it all the time on my litters and my dam but if I could find out more information on this brand of kibble I'd feel more at ease.

I can't find the most recent list from that link someone sent in the earlier thread.

Is this a Diamond made product ??

Here is the link

http://www.fda.gov/oc/opacom/hottopics/petfood.html

Re: Here is the link

Thanks, I just called the 1800 number on the bottom of the puppy food bag and they had a recording saying that their kibble is not on Recall at this time.

It's too bad since it sounds like all of the illnesses and deaths of people's pets could have been avoided if not for Greed. I hope saving a buck was worth it for them.

Re: Current Dog Food Recall List ?

Did the post go up for the Royal Canin and Kasco on Friday ?? I just received it at 1 something today I searched here and did not see any for Friday! I have been ill for one week today with real food poison just getting back on my feet BOY I NEVER WANT THIS AGAIN. My kids had to come and take care of me and the dogs and pups. I am just getting around to my mail off and on for a week and am surprised to see this recall!
Thanks if anyone knows.

Re: Current Dog Food Recall List ?

Well Never mind I do see it on the forum for the 11th thank you and it was the sensible choice I was concerened with and I see it was on recall. I am happy I changed back to my other brand before this started now for sure. My dogs did not really care for it and they are happy to be back on the Purina one Lamb and rice.

Re: Re: Current Dog Food Recall List ?

check out this sight for a possible alternative to dog food, and compare your current brands I have and love this food.

www.trilogyonline.com/tombarlabs

Re: Re: Re: Current Dog Food Recall List ?

Thanks for the link, but I don't think that food is really any better than other holistic foods like Wellness which does not have added animal fat or dried beet pulp like the food you are promoting does. In the section where this food is compared to Wellness, it only compares it to the Fish & Sweet Potato Formula, not the chicken or lamb formulas which do contain lactobacillus acidophilus.
For that price, I'll stick with something that I can pick up locally.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Current Dog Food Recall List ?

My feed store called me and told me that there was a voluntary recall on the Kosco puppy food. They said too return the bags I didn't use and they will reimburse me for them.