Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pro Plan Puppy

Has anyone experienced any problems with Pro Plan Puppy (Lamb & Rice formula)? Reason: My 6-1/2 month old and his littermate (owned by a friend of mine) AND another friend's 2 litters of puppies (total 15 pups) have all become sick (vomiting and diarrhea) after being fed this food. All have been to the vet (they all go to different vets) and tests for coccidia and giardia are negative - they've been given antibiotics to be on the safe side. The only common denominator is that all of the bags were purchased from the same Petco location all within the same week. We're thinking it was a bad batch (rather than part of the recent pet food recall) and I have e-mailed Purina. Right now we're searching for the bags to see if the lot numbers are the same.

Re: Pro Plan Puppy

Wow, that's scary! We have a litter of 7 6-week-old pups and one 3 month old pup on that food right now. No problems at all. Please keep us updated as to Purina's response or anything you find out!

Re: Re: Pro Plan Puppy

Yes, alot of us are using it. Let us know what they say or what you find out. Scary.

Re: Re: Re: Pro Plan Puppy

anyone interested in a possible alternative to worry of sick dogs and dog food please contact me privately.
I may have the answer and I too use to feed Purina.