Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
White ring around the tail

With my current litter, 6 weeks old, two of the three yellows have whitish rings around their tails, about 1 inch or so from the base. These two have the best coats.
I remember this from the past but have not seen this in awhile, and don't remember what the significance is! Anyone? TIA

Re: White ring around the tail

I just checked, make that three out of three! I should also say that the "ring" is thicker and longer coat than the rest of the tail.

Re: Re: White ring around the tail

I've had a few with that mysterious ring white ring around the tail too. I'm sure with your yellows though, with time, it should belend in and become unnocitable. Hopefully, anyways, I've never had a problem with it. Good luck!

Re: Re: Re: White ring around the tail

That is a sign of good coat!

Re: Re: Re: Re: White ring around the tail

From an old time breeder: Its is a great coat to be!

It's supposed to be very common in chocolates - my boy has it. You have to look for it, but it's there!

Yes I have 2 who have it in my chocolates. And both have great coats. The female usually will throw that ring to a few of her pups,The white has been there for the life of the dogs.Can't beat there coats though.Be glad you have it.

Re: Re: White ring around the tail

Alot of my chocolate pups will have that. Some last longer than others, some have more hair at the ring than others. I have never had a yellow have it. But it is suppose to be the sign of a good coat. I does go away. It can look like alot of white or light color hair sometimes. Goes away no problem at all.

Yep, means you will get a great coat on that dog. I have had 2 that as pups had the ring and wow, did they have a wonderful coat.

Dont worry, it will go.