Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Specialty Trophy Question

I am looking for new ideas for trophies - BOB,BOS, etc. and would love some input.
Would you prefer an actual trophy item (glass, silver, pewter) which has the win on it with date or are people now at the point where they would prefer a gift card (American Express, VISA, Gas). I have seen this done at All-Breed shows recently and wondered if people are at this point with Specialty wins too.
I would prefer an item that I could look at and smile vs. gift card, but just thought it might be worth hearing others ideas.

Re: Specialty Trophy Question

Hi, I would suggest something useful.
How about a folding chair with the win info on it.
Either painted or stitched.
A fleece blanket with the info on it.
Or a pillow.
A pin that is engraved with the info.
Just some thoughts.

GAS CARDS!!! YEAH!!!

Otherwise, nothing breakable... I'm a klutz.

Re: Re: Specialty Trophy Question

I would prefer a trophy that I can place on the mantel and look at.

On another note....anyone out there have any good ideas where you can buy statuary or items to top trophy bases? I have found a couple of sites, but not what I am looking for.

The euk/iams grooming kit bags were a big hit at MVLRC's raffle it seemed. Items like that could be embroderied easily with the club info and be realatively inexpensive. Horse tropies are alot of 'everyday' useful items (grooming kits, garment bags, chairs, jackets, etc) and quite cherished or envied (whichever is applicable) by exhibitors.

i like the idea of a folding chair with all of the win info on it. it is something that could be used for a while, and definatly needed at dog shows. or just a regular trophy is nice.something that will definatly last thoug.

HRLRC had a nice duffle bag with specialty and win embroidered on it. I love it, I use it all the time, I travel anywhere.