Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Has anyone fed Innova Evo to a dog with allergies?? Any success?

Pretty sure I am dealing with a grain allergy.

Re: Has anyone fed Innova Evo to a dog with allergies?? Any success?

I have never tried Innova food. Allergies to wheat gluten is often seen. My dog does ok with rice gluten. You must be using an elimination diet to suspect your dog is allergic to grains. Check out his response to different glutens. Be sure you check ingredients on "cookies" too.

Re: Re: Has anyone fed Innova Evo to a dog with allergies?? Any success?

I am currently feeding Evo Red Meat to my boy who is allergic to chicken. He does very well on it. Nice coat and great muscle tone.

Good luck.

Yes. Worked great.

I can't say that my dog has allergies BUT I feed this to him and it is wonderful....I plan on changing my little girl to it once she turns one. I have many friends with allergic dogs and they swear by it for their dogs.

Hope this helps!
A

I have been feeding the Evo Red Meat for the past five months......dogs love it....good coats.....no yucky ears....so far so good !! My dogs range in age from 3 to 12 years.....had blood panel done on the two oldest....everything came back perfect....I was concerned because of the high protein....but kidney and liver functions were fine.

What is the EVO Red Meat? Is it a kibble or frozen raw? I am feeding the regular EVO to my Lab and to my PBGV and both are doing very well on it. But have never seen or heard of the EVO Red Meat.
Thanks
Julia

Evo Red Meat is a no grain kibble made with all red meat.... lamb, beef, venison and buffalo plus some herring and other veggies. It is suppose to be the closest thing to feeding raw in a dry kibble. The other Evo is made with turkey and chicken...in other words white meat !!

Linda,
Thanks for the reply. I will keep an eye out for it. There are 2 places locally where I can buy the EVO that I am using, but I have not seen the Red Meat variety yet.
Julia

What are the signs that your dogs have allergies? my girl ( 4 yr old)is losing hair around her eyes and she seems to scratch her chest and chew a little on her feet...This just started a month ago...no food changes or anything like that...been using frontline so no fleas...