Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
American Idol

Is there anyone out there who is still awake and can tell me who won Am. Idol! It went over and I had recorded it so I missed the very end. I have looked everywhere to try to find the answer but finally had to come to the Lab forum for heaven's sakes.
Judy

Re: American Idol

Hi Judy Jordan won!

Jordin Sparks won. Blake Lewis is 2nd. Should've been Melinda Dolittle!

I think Laura Fletcher (Dry Creek)should have won!

Re: Re: American Idol

You can say that again! :) Some good talent that show is turning out.
I was also disappointed that Apolo won on Dancing With The Stars, voted to Joey myself :)

Re: Re: American Idol,thanks

Thanks everyone for answering. I finally gave up and went to bed but did catch it on the news this am. On Dancing W/ Stars I thought Apollo should have won it hands down but I also loved Laila and Joey Fatone. They were great. I really love that show and I am not into reality shows at all- only watched Idol because I live with someone who loves to watch it. But Dancing keeps me smiling pretty much through the whole show and Ilike that the scoring is not just up to the audience but also to some judges who have experience in what the are doing. I've always enjoyed watching ball room and this adds a whole new energy. I'll stp this thread now since I know it does not pertain to Labradors but it was nice chatting with you all.
Judy

Re: Re: Re: American Idol,thanks

And I thought I was the only one over the age of 18 who admits to watching American Idol.

It has been our favorite show for 6yrs.

Way to go Jordin.... she has a lot of sparkle (no pum intended).

And Melinda - she will be just fine. She got caught in the "I can really sing well but do not have a lot of personality" bucket.

Re: Re: Re: Re: American Idol,thanks

Well, I'm an Idol, Bachelor/Bachelorett and Dancing with the Star Junkie and was so upset when I fell asleep towards the end of Idol and missed who won. Then, I also fell asleep right before they announced the winner of Dancing the other night. I didn't miss one episode of any of these shows only to fall asleep right before winners were announced. I guess that is what happens when you try and sleep beside a box of new born puppies for 2 weeks who are getting louder by the day.

Appolo Rocks ! I could be bias being from Seattle but you gotta love those athletes who come on the show and channel their energy, strengths and incredible competitive winning spirits

I admit to it

Have to say Bille Joe and Green Day ruled last night!!

Re: I admit to it...too

Me too - loved Green Day on Idol last night. Hard to believe I just said that :))
I'm a Dancing/Stars fanatic and that was some season finale of LOST too......

We watch "Lost," and also American Idol, & Survivor.....
if you ever fall asleep, and miss the endings, just go to YouTube, and watch them. Lots of Jordin Sparks finale footage on their site.

Re: Re: American Idol

TIVO ruined it for me too. I couldn't believe it cut out right before. I had to run downstairs to my hubby's office and get on line to find the results!!!

Re: Re: Re: American Idol

TIVO was OK. The problem was that AI went over by an extra 9 minutes. That meant that the last 9 minutes with the winner announcement got cut off.

Re: Re: I admit to it...too

I'll bet you guys didn't know we are best friends with the lead singer of Green Day. Well, okay maybe not best friends but we sold this really gorgeous yellow girl to these really nice people who are best friends with one of the guitar players for Green Day----that's real close to being best friends with the lead singer, isn't it-- six degrees I think.
Judy

Re: Re: I admit to it...too

Green Day was awesome. Bette Midler sounded terrible!
I was waiting for Simon to tell her she sounded like a cruise ship singer. Reuben and Jordin was the best duet of the night.
And Joe Perry and Sunjaya? What on earth was that abomination?

By the way, I have an 8 year old daughter, that's the only reason I watch

Apolo was great and deserved to win, IMO.