Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Golden Gate LRC October 19-20, 2007 32nd & 33rd Annual Specialty

Golden Gate Labrador Retriever Club will be offering for the first time back-to-back specialties. Friday will be a bare bones show followed by our traditional specialty on Saturday. In addition, the ring set up will be outside the fairground gates in the orchard next to the Golden Retrievers. Plan your fall show schedule and we look forward to seeing you in ring.

October 19-20, 2007
Show Location: Alameda County Fairgrounds - Pleasanton, CA
Superintendent: MBF, http://www.infodog.com/

Show #1 Friday 10/19/07
Judges
Conformation - dogs/breed--Jackie Hodge (Naiken)
Bitches --Andrew Brown (Ramsayville)
Sweeps - Marion Daniel (Mar-Moye)
Obedience - Not offered
Jr. Showmanship - None offered

Show #2 Saturday 10/20/07
Judges
Conformation - dogs/breed --Andrew Brown (Ramsayville)
Bitches -- Jackie Hodge (Naiken)
Sweeps - Alexandre Chanon (Preton)
Obedience - Luane Vidak
Jr. Showmanship - None offered

Supported Entry Shows by Del Valle Kennel Club on October 21st & 22nd (MB-F)
October 21 - Judge
Conformation - Winnie Limbourne (Wingmaster)
October 22 - Judge
Conformation - Cheryl Curtis (Erinhill)

Re: Golden Gate LRC October 19-20, 2007 32nd & 33rd Annual Specialty

Thanks for the update Martha!

See you there!
Shelley

Wow looks like a great line up of judges and of course I LOVE the rings in the orchard area! I can't wait until October, the weather is so perfect up there that time of year.

Thanks Martha for the announcement and posting the judges.

Dianne

Dianne,
Where is the Orchard area, I have a hard time picturing it? Is it near where we always are?

Shelley

The Orchard area is where we used to show years ago outside the formal "gates" of the fairgrounds. It's in the direction of all the RV set ups and parking, southwest of where our rings have been the last few years. I'd guess if you were to walk it is about 5-6 minutes. The area has some natural shade, is very near to the camp/rv set-ups and has much less "foot-traffic" from the rest of the dog show. Hope this helps. Our club is excited for these changes as exhibitors have been asking to return to this area as well as offering back-to-back shows versus the one show over two days which have been the 31 past shows on record with the club!

Thank you Martha,
That sounds like it is near the entrance when you drive in the main gate, on the left hand side. I am really excited, I am actually bringing dogs to this show this year, finally. LOL

Yes, I definitely prefer the orchard area, parking is closer as well. Thanks Martha for answering Shelley's question. I just got home from work. LOL

Martha, do you know if they will have the Labs in the Orchard for Del Valle too? I don't usually stay for Del Valle, but plan on staying this year. It would be nice to be able to leave the setups there for all 4 days of shows.

TIA,

Dianne

We will be in the Orchard on Sunday for sure and may be Monday. If the entry count is high enough Del Valle will keep us in the orchard on Monday.

Martha