Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eastern Ontario Labrador Breeder's Specialty, July 28 & 29

The Eastern Ontario Labrador Breeder's Association invites you to include a trip to our beautiful province this summer. We are less than an hour from the border at the northern end of I-81, near Watertown, NY. The venue is a new site, with more shade and grassy areas for set up than many shows. Our show is well known for it's relaxing and friendly hospitality as well as for excellent prizes throughout all the placements in the classes and we try to have a little something for everyone. Our premium list is up at the show secretary's website and the information is as follows:

July 28-29, 2007
Show Location: Rideau Acres, Kingston Ontario, Canada
Show Superintendent: MJN Show Services (416)759-8593 http://www.mjnshowservices.com/
Judges
Conformation – Barbara Gomez, Barclare
Sweeps – Pierry McLean, Castlegar
Obedience – not offered
Jr. Showmanship – July 29, (hosted by Limestone Kennel club)

We hope to see you there. If you have any questions or would like more information, please feel free to email me.

Linda Wyatt-deGroot
Show Chair

Re: Eastern Ontario Labrador Breeder's Specialty, July 28 & 29

Oops, I meant to say that it's a new site, and that we've only been there one year. So I guess it's "new-er" but just to clarify, it IS the same site we had last year. Most loved it.

Is the conformation judge the same for both days?

Re: Re: Eastern Ontario Labrador Breeder's Specialty, July 28 & 29

Yes, the judging takes place over two days, but it's the same judge.

How to get there?

is there a good map site for directions into Canada from the US?
How does everyone get their dirctions?

You can use google maps or yahoo maps. They both can map out travel between the US and Canada.

Re: How to get there?

Google maps are good. Yahoo maps work. Do you have a Garmin or similar product. Old fashion map books bought at Barnes and Noble in the US would also work. I know we have a thumb worn Rand/McNally :) Its pretty easy to this show site, all highway driving once you cross the border...just a hop, skip and a jump :)

Re: Re: Eastern Ontario Labrador Breeder's Specialty, July 28 & 29

Thanks! Hadn't tried those yet. Mapquest was not able to do it last time I tried.

Re: Re: Re: Eastern Ontario Labrador Breeder's Specialty, July 28 & 29

Linda, Will we need passports starting this year? I've always brought a birth cert., but I will get a passport asap if it's required now. Thanks in advance.

New Requirements for Travelers Between the United States and Canada: Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI)

Effective January 23, 2007, all U.S. citizens traveling by air to and from Canada are required to have a valid passport to enter the United States. As early as January 1, 2008, U.S. citizens traveling between the United States and Canada by land or sea (including ferries), may be required to present a valid U.S. passport or other documents as determined by the Department of Homeland Security. Ample advance notice will be provided to enable the public to obtain passports or passport cards for land/sea entries. American citizen travelers are encouraged to apply for a U.S. passport or the passport card when it becomes available, well in advance of anticipated travel. American citizens can visit travel.state.gov or call 1-877-4USA-PPT (1-877-487-2778) for information on applying for a passport.

Current Requirements for Entry Into Canada

Visas are not required for U.S. citizens entering Canada from the U.S. You will, however, need:

1. proof of your U.S. citizenship such as your U.S. passport (For information on obtaining a U.S. passport, check with one of the regional passport agencies located throughout the U.S.) or certified copy of your birth certificate issued by the city, county or state in the U.S. where you were born. If you are a naturalized U.S. citizen and do not have a passport, you should travel with your naturalization certificate. A driver’s license, voter’s registration card or Social Security card is NOT valid proof of citizenship.
2. photo identification, such as a current, valid driver’s license.

All U.S. citizens entering Canada from a third country must have a valid passport. Alien permanent residents of the U.S. must present their Alien Registration Card, commonly called a “Green Card.”

If you are a dual U.S./Canadian citizen you should always present yourself as a Canadian citizen when entering Canada. However, U.S. citizens should use their U.S. passports when entering or leaving the United States.

Due to international concern over child abduction, single parents, grandparents, or guardians traveling with children often need proof of custody or notarized letters from the other parent authorizing travel. (This is in addition to proof of citizenship as explained above.) Any person under the age of 18 and traveling alone should carry a letter from his/her parent or guardian authorizing the trip. Travelers without such documentation may experience delays at the port of entry.

For further information, including information on student or business travel, visitors can contact the Embassy of Canada at 501 Pennsylvania Ave, NW, Washington, DC 20001, (202) 682-1740, see their Internet home page at http://www.canadianembassy.org or contact the nearest Canadian consulate. (A list of Canadian consulates is at the end of this brochure.)

I've been away for awhile since my computer was "browser hijacked", but ...I'M BAAAAAACK! :-)

Anyway, Kim, if it's a "hop, skip, and a jump" from the US border, that should help me save some money on gas! LOL I wonder if I can h/s/j my way across Ohio and Pennsylvania, too!

Hope to make it this year as I can't make it to the LOC this week due to extenuating circumstances.

Have a great time!

Just wondering what are the numbers like at this show in the past?
Attractions? Raffles etc?
Looking forward to meeting more Canadians.

TIA