Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sad News

Diane Gering, Windrush Labradors and Vizslas, passed away from cancer this morning. Foe those new to the breed she owned CH Manora's Windrush Joy, JH who was number 6 bitch in 1989. She was also a Junior Hunt Test judge and past president of Black Creek Retriever Club.

Re: Sad News

I'm really going to miss Diane. The epitomy of integrity and common sense. A fabulous dry wit and sense of humor. A champion of dogs and dogs doing what they were bred to do. A steadfast friend, always willing to help when you needed anything.

When Diane judged hunt tests, she was known for always making the handlers sit on a stool when they sent their dogs on marks. You could bank on it!

God bless you, Diane.

Re: Re: Sad News

My thoughts and prayers are with Diane's family and friends!!!

I am so sorry to hear of Diane's passing. Having run dogs under her at tests, I will say it was always a pleasure to run in a test she was judging. My condolences go out to her family and friends.

Nancy thank you for letting us know.

So sorry to hear of great a great loss.

My deepest sympathies to Diane's Family and Friends.

I am sorry to hear of the passing of Diane. An absolutely nice lady! A true loss to the Labrador world!

How very sad.

If anyone ever expemplified the phrase "a good sport," it was Diane. She will be missed by everyone who knew her.

Barbara

Diane was a good sport and a very gracious lady. I feel truely blessed to have known her. Especially, I cherish her patient words of wisdom which helped me get past some of the trials and tribulations of dog ownership. I also cherish her wonderful sense of humor, and now the many happy memories of hunt tests, dog shows and puppy evaluation parties and hunt training sessions...

Godspeed Diane. I miss you terribly.

Cathy M.