Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Misting systems

Does anyone have information about who sells misting systems? I would apprecate any information.

Re: Misting systems

You can probally find a mist company in your local phone book. I had a high pressure mist and washer system put in by a local company in my hometown. What city and state are you in?

Mary, try Googling Misting Systems. There are several companies that come up!

Mary,

I think that you can find them at Home Depot as well. One thing that I thought was cool (no pun intended! ) -- My sister lived in Tucson with Siberian Huskys no less and they set up the mister system on a timer so that it would run 10 min on, 10 minutes off (or whatever would work in you area). It was nice becasue it would cool the dog area off but still not keep the dogs wet.

Johanne

This web site might help. http://www.bigfogg.com
I purchased the patio misting and also some fan rings and am pleased with both.

I have tried other misting systems which did not hold up.
The usual employment disclaimer blah blah.....

Re: Re: Misting systems

I used to buy Arizona Mist System but they sold out to someone else. I just got some replacements at Walmart. I have hard water so I use the filters on my hose.

Having just landscaped our second house in the past 4 years, located in a pretty hot area of southern California, the landscapers that we have worked with have all recommended the Arizona Mist misters... say they are extremely easy to install for virtually anyone, and easy to repair if parts are needed.

I can't speak from experience since we haven't installed any misting systems yet, but maybe having a name (Arizona Mist) will help? I think that these systems are becoming more and more readily available.

I've wondered how it is that hot spots don't become a problem with misting dogs?

Thank you all for your help. I will get to work on this and hopefully have a misting system up and running before summer is in full "heat". Thanks a bunch.

In my opinion why they shouldn't get hot spots is that the misting system does not soak the dog. A Lab with a decent coat, even in the summer, will repel what little water is deposited on its coat. The intent of the misting system is to actually cool the air in the kennel area not to cool the dog by getting it wet.

Johanne

Misting systems are designed to reduce the ambient air temperature, (by as much as 10-15 degrees!). In very hot and arid climates, the "mist" evaporates before it hits the ground (or people and dogs etc...). We had fans and a misting system on out patio in the Palm Springs area years ago, made it very comfortable in the shade on a hot day.

Good luck Mary!

ironically I just put one in myself on our patio.
It is not as nice as some of the ones with the air compressors. It is a very simple system I got from walmart called misty mate. DO NOT buy it from the mistymate.com website the walmart price is about 50% less. I paid 23$ for a 12 nozzle line with 10 feet of lead line. There are some nice larger sets on ebay now by Arizona as many as 32 nozzles I think. I have a midwest kennel on my patio for wet dog drying and just for hanging out for some fresh air and I have put a top on it that I place my nice little organic tomato and pepper plants. The misters run along my roof edge and mist all around the kennel and a bit past so as a bonus I can lay out in the sun with the mist and even mist my veggies.These are the cheaper flexible line type and not the really pricey "fixed" line metal pipe type. When we move to our dream chunk of land and have a REAL kennel I would like the fixed line type though.
I am thinking of a misty fan as well as it sure has been hot and dry here in Florida lately!
Annie

Another advantage to the misting systems is that it keeps the flies away from the dogs. We have horses around us so flies can be a problem. The dogs lay under the misters and the flies stay away.