Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A March in Opposition to AB1634

I know this is very short notice, but I just got this idea on how to show our opposition to AB1634 in beautiful Santa Barbara this weekend. On Saturday, June 2, there is the annual "Big Dog Parade" right down State street. What better way to show our opposition for this horrible bill than by marching in the parade route wearing t-shirts and carrying signs in opposition? While we can't pass out flyers on the parade route, many many spectators will be gathering at the end of the parade route and we can pass them out then. Most of the people there will just be your average pet owner who may not have any idea what is going on in the legislation that will take away our freedom of choice when it comes to these important health decision for our pets.

If anyone would like to go and march in the parade, please let me know. We can pay a group entry fee and it really won't cost much to show our opposition.

***Please feel free to cross-post****

Also, Santa Barbara is considering adopting the measure regardless if it passes the state or not.

Dianne Mullikin
Rycroft.geo@yahoo.com

Re: A March in Opposition to AB1634

I think that would be a great idea. I am a pet owner and have only learned of AB 1634 here on this forum. Many people have no idea and the ones that I have come across that do know about it have acutally been fooled by the "good intentions" of the Bill. I have also written to my Assemblymen and received a Committment from Bob Huff to OPPOSE AB1634!

I am from So Cal and would not be able to participate, but I will be there in Spirit!

I was emailed a link to this today. GREAT article!!

http://www.sfgate.com:80/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/g/a/2007/05/29/petscol.DTL

Re: Re: A March in Opposition to AB1634

Great Idea Dianne! We definately need to get the
word out.. Although I have to work on Sat, there
is also a Match put on by the GGLRC on Sunday
in Livermore. Although there are all Lab people,
It couldn't hurt to get the word out there as
well. I will DEFINATELY make sure every Lab
person is aware of this redicoulous bill.

Remember those Mud Slides???:))))))

Vicki

Great idea, Dianne!

From Vicki:
"Remember those Mud Slides???:))))))"
Ok, is that the drink or the natural disater, or both???

Lori wrote:"I think that would be a great idea. I am a pet owner and have only learned of AB 1634 here on this forum. Many people have no idea and the ones that I have come across that do know about it have acutally been fooled by the "good intentions" of the Bill. I have also written to my Assemblymen and received a Committment from Bob Huff to OPPOSE AB1634!"

You are so right Lori. Most pet owners, without reading through the bill and understanding the motives behind it just hear what the bleeding heart liberals (yes this has been voted on along party lines, democrats for, republicans against) put out about animals dying in the shelters. While none of us like to think of healthy adoptable animals being put down, many of the "statistics" do not mention who many of these animals are NOT adoptable. And while it sounds like a reasonable solution, just fix all the animals and we won't have a problem anymore. Unfortunately it is not that easy!

Thanks for contacting your assemblyman.

Shelley Ellison wrote: "I was emailed a link to this today. GREAT article!!

http://www.sfgate.com:80/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/g/a/2007/05/29/petscol.DTL
Email: ellisonz@astound.net"

Thanks Shelley, I actually received this about 2 or 3 times today as well. It is a very good argument against this bill.

Victoria wrote:"Great Idea Dianne! We definately need to get the word out.. Although I have to work on Sat, thereis also a Match put on by the GGLRC on Sunday
in Livermore. Although there are all Lab people,
It couldn't hurt to get the word out there as
well. I will DEFINATELY make sure every Lab
person is aware of this redicoulous bill.
Remember those Mud Slides???:))))))"

Thanks Vicki, Sorry you can't make it, but good luck at the match getting the word out. There are some good links to some flyers that you can hand out regarding some of the more important highlights of the bill. Let me know if you'd like those links so you can print off some to hand out to people. I know at the LRCSC in April, during the lunch break, they were speaking out against the bill and passing out no on AB1634 buttons.

Aww yes, the mudslides, those were the days!

The landslide, Robin, the landslide, uh huh right! See you soon

Dianne