Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
calling all professional groomers

I am a student and I am doing up a business plan. The business is a grooming salon. For those of you who have had or currently have, I would be interested in seeing your Business Plan. If you would share your financial plan that would be great as I need to show how much my business will earn in the first year. I have no idea what to charge etc. Thank You

Re: calling all professional groomers

I would call around to various groomers in your area and see what their fees are. I was taught in management to never "cut throat" as it can be detrimental to your over all business, instead run specials and offer perks. Like free toy with full groom or offer .."fifth bath free", as for a business plan, you have to know what your limitations are, what your fees will be and average them over a weekly then monthly then yearly projection. Example, if you do 3 full grooms per day at say $40 each, ($120.00), then you have to your water bill, your electric, ect., the wear and tear on your supplies, your shampoos/conditioners, phone bill, advertising, perks, stuff like that..it's all projection. Not all days are going to make you the same amount of money but the potential is there so aim high. GOOD LUCK!

Re: Re: calling all professional groomers

Thank you for the suggestions. Right now I am just compiling data. The internet has been quite useful, but is limited. I would really like to open my own salon one day, but I need to finish school first.I was hoping some of the experienced people would lend an idea or two. Thanks again!!

Re: Re: Re: calling all professional groomers

You should do well. The pet industry is a 30 BILLION DOLLAR industry.