Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Crate Pans

I have foldable, stackable midwest lifestages wire crates. Recently I had to order plastic ABS replacement pans, which didn't last half as long as the origional pans that came with the crates. I don't want to use metal because they can get cold and are prone to rust etc. Does anyone know of a company that sells stronger, long lasting plastic crate pans for midwest size crates???

Thanks in advance:)

Re: Crate Pans

Nope, they all stink
I use rubber horse mats cut into the correct sizes....

Re: Re: Crate Pans

You might want to consider having an aluminum pan made to order at a local sheet metal fabrication shop. They don't rust.

Re: Re: Re: Crate Pans

They last longer if you put a piece of carpet between the bottom of the pan and the crate.

Instead of carpet, I use a piece of cardboard under the pan. If it gets dirty, I just throw it away and get another one.

Re: Re: Crate Pans

I buy large sheets of shower wall board from Lowe's. I have the store cut the boards for me on their saw. I take home what I need and the store throws away the scrap. The boards are then placed between the crate pan and the wire crate. Works great.

I still prefer metal pans for the car though! You know incase some one has loose stool, vomits, or swims in their water bucket at a hot specialty.

Re: Re: Re: Crate Pans

Great tips/suggestions everyone! I will find something to put between the crate pan the bottom of the crate. I don't know why I didn't think of that, lol.

Thanks again!

Oh boy - for the car, VariKennels all the way. I'm trying to replace the wire ones one by one as I can... Once you've been on the road and have had the crud go through every dog in your car, you realize that VariKennels are a LOT easier to clean up!