Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Blowing coat

We have a Specialty coming up in 6 weeks and 1 girl with too much coat usually, blowing like crazy. Would you strip it all out, bath her is warm water and supplement,(she is on good food) and hope like ****? What would be everyone's best advice in this situation or not bother to show? Thanks All!

Re: Blowing coat

If it was one of my girls, she'd be bald (balled? LOL) then no matter what I did.

Re: Re: Blowing coat

If it was my dog, I would bathe her in a good shampoo (I use Mane and Tail diluted), rinse well and put a good conditioner on her. The Mane and Tail conditioner doesn't need to be rinsed out, completely. The secret is to get rid of the dead hair.You can ge Mane and Tail at WalMart.

You have 3 weeks befor entries close, so by then you can get an idea if she will have enough coat. She won't be the only one with less coat.

Nancy, go back and re-read your reply.........

I have shown out of coat dogs at a specialty, they did
not win, but did place in their large classes! I enjoy showing at the specialties, and if my dogs have no coat, I just enter for fun, and their placements were icing on the cake! :)
seems for me, my dogs always blow coat before a big show, LOL! if they perform well for me, I'm just happy to be a participant.

hmhm - I re-read my reply and I chuckled again... Maybe you didn't read the other thread about spelling. It was a reference to that... Just a

I read the other posts Nancy...go back and RE-READ your reply....are you blushing yet?