Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Visa

I know this is a dumb question, but who is the dog on the AKC Visa Card?? Does anyone know?

Re: Visa

He is Ch JanWood's Secret Agent CD WC. The photograph was taken by Carrie Grannemann. The dog, Sppok, was owned by Jan Grannemann and Diane and Alan Smith.

Debbie

Hey, Jan, I didn't know I was carrying a picture of Spook around in my wallet for a year!
For those of you who are younger than me and may not know who Spook was, I remember him well and he was quite the dog in his day!
Gives a whole new meaning to the "priceless" commercials!

I love that dog

Re: Re: Visa

Thank you. He is a very beautiful dog and the picture is so perfect for a labrador photo.

Re: Re: Re: Visa

That picture brought lots of compliments when using my card

Thank you all. He was a special dog and my first specialty winner. He gave me lots of first including a Group 1 and finishing his CD on the same day. Proving labs can do it all!!!

Lots of great memories even if it did take 8 rolls of film to get that picture! My daughter sent in the photo for an AKC photo contest. They liked it so much, they bought it for their first Visa card. Very exciting.

We were not allowed to tell anyone it was our dog until he passed away. The AKC did not want to seem to be promoting one dog over another.

JanG

Re: Re: Visa

I have a lot of people ask me "is this your dog?" may answer is always the same..."I wish!" He's a real beauty. I'm glad I know now who he is.

Re: Re: Re: Visa

Jan had another lovely dog that was in a Pro-Plan commercial in the 1980's. He was a very handsome yellow boy....Christofer Robin. Watching that beautiful yellow boy on the Pro-Plan commercials is what made me dream of having a Labrador someday.....Now I am the proud Mom of one yellow girl and two yellows boys! Jan...keep up the wonderful breeding program! You have a kennel full of beauties.

Thank you Melody. Glad we could help!

Robin is also on the Purina Clock - #9!

JanG