Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Supported entry shows

Have you ever thought of taking a little vacation in the White Mountains of
NH just as the leaves are starting to show their colors? or maybe shopping
at factory outlets and NO SALES TAX and to boot show your labradors.

Carroll County Kennel Club sponsors a 2 day show with 3 obedience trials and 1 rally trial in such an area. The labradors have the supported entry of the Labrador Club of Greater Boston on Saturday and Pawcatuck River Labrador
Retriever Club on Sunday. The Saturday judge is Claire White-Peterson (Stonecrest) and Sunday is Cheryl Curtis (Erinhill). For the past few years
we have had majors for both the boys and the girls and a relaxed show experience for all. Also we have Best Puppy competition on Saturday.

The shows are outdoors next to the Saco River so the dogs can go swimming
after.

Premium list will be up on www.Infodog.com in a few weeks or you can
contact me privately for details.

Also if you would like to join the "Friends of Labradors" - you can send a donation for the non club sponsored rosettes each day ( first in each
class). Your name will then be listed in the catalog as a donor along with your kennel name ( get a free ad

Jeanne M. Charest/ Show Chair
Wood Duck

Re: Supported entry shows

What are the dates? Sound like fun!

it is september 8th and 9th.. i've gone the last 2 years, what a great show, what a great show site.. as many labradors as a specialty, beautiful show site, great shopping, great eating... North Conway is New Hampshire at its best.. if you haven't been, you should put this show on your list of things to do!!!

barb

Re: Re: Supported entry shows

Dah--- might be nice if I posted that.

September 8-9th -- the supported entries are listed on the Specialty Link of this site

Re: Re: Supported entry shows

Thanks Barb. I like to think of it as the best kept secret for labrador exhibitors. Barb even put her french to the test last year when we had dinner with some of our Canadian lab friends.

Re: Re: Re: Supported entry shows

Darn. Same time as the B.A.S.S. and Jersey Skylands specialties.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Supported entry shows

Jersey Skylands changed their dates as they changed the all breed club they were working with. Since we are more than 200 miles away- nothing we could do. we are hoping that our faithful will continue to come and while it may not be a specialty, the quality of dogs is like that of a specialty . We also try to have the breeder judges who are provisionals-- supporting our own so to speak.

I can't wait Jeanne! I never miss that one. I just love your show!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Supported entry shows

Darn. Such a shame to have to make a choice! Understandable, though.

Re: Re: Jersey Skylands is back!

Sorry but I will have to miss the NH shows as I will continue to support the Jersey Skylands Specialty.
They didn't have their show last year and a lot of us really missed it. So glad they are now back! Breeder judges with sweeps both days

Re: Re: Re: Supported entry shows

I love North Conway shows!!! Never miss them! Great show site, easy parking,great shopping & food, in the beautiful White Mountains. It doesn't get any better than that!

I tried Jersey Skylands a few times years ago and parking for RV's was a nightmare! To the point people would swear at you if they didn't like how you parked! Parking should of been assigned or hired someone to park, to avoid this. Anyways it was very scary for me, so I have never been back.

Re: Re: Re: Jersey Skylands is back (maybe for 3 days).

Dear Oh Well,

Pending AKC approval, we may actually have THREE continous days with labrador breeder judges, Thursday-Friday-Saturday. All at the same location in Bridgewater, New Jersey. Please see our website:

http://www.jerseyskylandslrc.com/EventsCalendar.htm.

Hope to see you all there!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Supported entry shows

What show were you at?? I have never heard such a thing! That was the most relaxed show ever. People pulled their campers in, and parked where they wanted.But, it is no longer at that site anyway. They have moved to a new show site. I wish I could do the NH and NJ shows.