Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ohio Legislation Concerns

I just looked at the Ohio legislation site.
Looked up the two bills concerning dog ownership, etc.
HB 223 had the letters ANR after it.
SB 173 had the letters SLG after it.
It seems that neither bill is being voted on at the moment but I was wondering what the letters designate.
Anyone know?
To all concerned dog owners, please keep an eye on the proposed legislation in Ohio. If we ignore it or forget about it, someone will try to slip it through for a vote. Please be watchful. Thanks!

Re: Ohio Legislation Concerns

thery are probably the initials of the legislator that authored or introduced them.

For info on the Ohio State Legislature and to find out who your lawmakers are go here...

http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/

You can also use the naia trust site.

Thank you Gina.

The Toledo Blade ran a big article on this bill in Monday's paper. Unfortunately, the whole gist of the article was in favor of the bill, even mentioning the HSUS website if people wanted more information.

I'm writing letters to area legislators TODAY. Randy Gardner, from Bowling Green, Ohio, is quoted in the article and appears strongly in favor of it. What he doesn't realize...

If HSUS and PETA get this through, it will be the beginning of the end for the small hobby breeder in this state. Their agendas won't stop at curtailing "puppy mills"; rather, their ultimate goal is to stop ALL breeding, all hunting, all fishing, etc....

SCARY!!!!!!!